Friday, November 23, 2007

How tired am I?

So much so, that the word "tired" itself is an understatement.

I went to the Wrentham Outlets last night at midnight for "Midnight Madness".. and it was well worth it. My only regret was having to put back what I had in my arms at the Gap Outlet, but seriously - a one hour wait for the register is not what I'm up for at 1:30 in the morning.

First off, I was there by 11 sharp...but the exit was closed down. The State Police weren't allowing people to move on the exit until approximately 11:45. How irritated was I? Exceptionally so. But...my girlfriend and I ended up one car away from each other in traffic, which is pretty funny considering that I came from the North and she from the South; so we were on our cell phones for the hour lamenting about the wait which in turn, made the wait not so unbearable.

I did really well - and for the first time ever - have about 70% of my shopping for people outside of my kids -- completed. I'm actually going back one day this week to re-capture the great things I had at the Gap that I had to "set free".

The only downside to the night was that as we were leaving, it took about an hour to get out of the parking lot and on to the highway - and it was so congested that we missed the turn to Cracker Barrell. So no fun breakfast for us. I did, however - stop in the Bellingham area Dunkin Donuts that gave me a piping hot, fresh wheat bagel. That was probably the most delicious bagel I'd ever had. And I didn't feel like I couldn't stay awake on the drive home, which might have been the case had I eaten bacon, ham, grits, and all things country from the Barrell. Everything happens for a reason, no?

I came home at 6, squeaked in one hour of sleep before Mom responsibilities kick in - and you know what -- I'm feeling pretty darn good despite my opening statement.

I would do it again next year... but with different expectations, and clearly a game plan on where to go first. But truly, with the fun friend experience and the great prices - definitely well worth the inconveniences and lack of sleep.

2 comments:

Martie said...

There is NO way I could ever do this........I'm not a night owl except for lounging in my pj's in my own home.........

Naive's son had his girlfriend fly in from New Hampshire for the Holiday weekend. She flies back Monday.......btw, she's a RED SOX fan! Go figure!

Thanks for stopping by....stay well and safe!

chesneygirl said...

Sounds like fun!!
Good for you getting 70% done!!

I did that last year, I didn't mind it but I had to work today, so no shopping for me on black Friday this year. :(