Monday, November 05, 2007

Monday Monday...it was all I'd hoped it would be

1.  How about those Patriots?  Not only did they have to play the Colts - but they had to play against the referees as well.  Wow, were there some lousy calls in yesterday's game.  But, despite it all the better team won.  I mean, truly I thought that up until the 4th quarter, the Pats looked a little flat -- but still they did okay.  Because at gut check time they come through.  Brady is grace under pressure.  Manning - not so much.  And to hear him whine about how they lost because they had injuries, bla bla bla.  I'm sorry, we had lots of injuries last year when they beat us -- but did we complain?  No.  We said that they outplayed us fair and square.  C'mon Manning.  Man up and just realize that sometimes, you can't be the golden boy.  And like Tom Brady said in one of his postgame interviews - it's great that they won and all, but truly all that matters is January.  This game was exciting and it was a real "game" in the respect of challege.  But it's in the rear view and time to move on and focus forward.   My opinion?  Sure - Indy had a great defense and they looked good.  They're definitely the second best team in football.

2.  There's nothing lke a good movie.  Saturday night I laid on the sofa and watched one of my all time favorite movies, that I have not seen in a long time.  "Legends of the Fall" is the movie that solidified my attraction to Brad Pitt when it first came out.  And though I've waned my affection for him some since he left Jennifer Aniston for Angelina Jolie (yes, I thought that was a crappy move on his end) -- watching that movie again just reiterated why he is such an amazing actor.  I mean, yeah - he's gorgeous - but he's just a wonderful wonderful actor.  There is no other actor I could ever envision in the role of "Tristan".  Just as Julia Ormond could be the only actress to play "Susannah".   He was so great in that movie, that had my daughter been a boy - I was going to name her "Tristan".  I loved the name anyway, but I really just felt endeared to that name based on the character played in the movie.  That is what the magic of movies are about.  If it moves you, makes you feel something - a connection -- then that is a piece of art. 

3.  Dunkin Donuts paying it forward?  I went to recharge my Dunkin's card which was in the negative.  I know this because I had to pay a dollar cash with the rest of my order last week when I picked up coffee for the girls in the office.  Well, imagine my surprise when I went in, and put $25 on the card - to discover I had a $51 balance?  According to Dunkin Donuts, on the 30th I charged my card with $30.  But…I did not.  The last time I charged my card was on the 21st.  So mysteriously - at 8:46 a.m. on the 30th -- my card was recharged.  Kind of tough to do considering I was in work!  So I don't know what happened -- but I'll take it!  I'd like to think it's karma, somehow paying it forward for all of the lousy coffees I've received over the past few months.  Maybe the big coffee God of Dunkin Donuts feels I've been treated poorly and since I've never once complained -- mysteriously money appears on the card.

Highly unlikely, yes I know.  But hey - considering it's a Monday - I'd say anything is possible!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

being that i live in new orleans, peyton is SHOVED down our throat here and i always thought he was a whiner. i am glad the pats won too.

coolness on the coffee karma. :)

Suldog said...

The Pats win and you get a big ol' bunch of free coffee and donuts? Life is, indeed, good.

Anonymous said...

free coffee and donuts? Run with it, girl!