Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Tuesday's Thoughts...

1.  Mike Lowell stays.  How cool is that?  It's such a great feeling to know that the key pieces to the puzzle with baseball are in place.  Love not having the huge drama issues!  I'm really hoping that we see a new shortstop somewhere along the line.  Don't get me wrong, everyone's a "nice guy", and I'm not trying to put anyone in particular down, but seriously - I never understood why we let Orlando Cabrera go in the first place.

2.  Disgusted with my medical insurance and my company.  Today I found out for the second time this year that my company changed a policy and didn't tell me.  I never received new cards - or the mailing they "sent out".  I discovered today that my copay for an emergency room visit went up from $50.00 to $150.00.  Prescriptions from $10/$30 to $30/$60.  And now I have a $1500 deductible?!?  What the heck's a deductible for???   I'm sorry, to add insult to injury - my health insurance went up over $55 a month.  I pay almost $350 a month now, and my coverage itself declined?!?  Seriously?!?!  Here's a phrase for you:  WTF!!!!

3.  First snow of the season.  I went out at lunch today to get my nails done (which I did in a dark color for the first time since last Spring.  Lovin' it.  "Suzi says 'Da' " -- whatever "Da" means.  But I digress…) and it was really kind of nice out.  Funny thing is, I don't remember the last time it snowed before Thanksgiving?  It's been a while!  Technically - it snowed yesterday, just nothing stuck.  Today, we have white lining the trees.  So while it's sad to finally say goodbye to open toed sandals on those occasionally warm days - it's great to say hello to fun boots on a full time basis.  Although rumor has it we're going to be in the 60s over the next couple of days…

4.  Thanksgiving Midnight Madness.  So I'm quite excited because I've always wanted to go and do crazy Midnight Madness shopping but haven't been able to do it.  Well, this year my girlfriend and I are going to the Wrentham Outlets!  Bundled in pajamas, (a.k.a sweats) and armed with endless amounts of Dunkin Donuts (because America "runs on Dunkins") we're going to shop shop shop.  Stores open at midnight - and we're going full force until at least dawn.  I plan on being home at 7, just in time for the kiddies to wake up and want to hang out.  Eh, I work best on less sleep anyway.

5.  Football.  Whining.  Revisited.  Seriously folks.  To all those cry babies who are complaining about running up the score, enough already!!!!!!!!!!  Isn't it more of an insult to kick a field goal and just assume the defense isn't capable of stopping a team?  Get your panties out of a bunch and man up to the fact that "your team" (insert team of choice name HERE) just isn't doing that well this year.  It's okay…we've been through it here in New England many a time, for many a year.  We got through it - and so will you. 


Now go put your shoulderpads on, your mouth gear in and shut up and play.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rebecca,

It's been that way for me for a very long time with the health insurance....first with Humana and then with Cigna. I paid about 200.00 a month, because my company was kind enough to pay the difference, but the deductables etc you quoted are basically the same as what I've had to pay. The days are over, when you paid your portion of the monthly premium and didn't worry about paying for anything else out of pocket. Kind of sad that the government can't provide something better for its citizens:(
Love,
Mom

Susan said...

My copays and crap went up. I freaking hate hate hate it. All because the tards at my company wanted to pay the same amount per month. Personally I'd rather have a better plan with lower copays and pay a little teeny bit more a month.

Good luck shopping. I hope I'll see you Monday night?!?