Saturday, June 09, 2007

Saturday's Silly Survey...

So here are a bunch of random questions I found on a few sites I was surfing on last night. I thought it would be a fun little survey to throw out there. Feel like using it? Feel free!
Let me know if you do so I can go see your answers.
***************************************

1. Quick! You have to decide whether you will give up all internet/cell phone/text communication for 24 hours OR give up showering for the same amount of time. Which do you choose?

Totally give up the external communication. I'd forsake it in a heart beat. I can always leave the house and drive somewhere! But to forgo a shower? That's one of my favorite indulgences! Steamy hot water, yummy smelling shower gel....I can't stand feeling dirty. So being clean and relaxed would be my choice every time. Play hard, get dirty..and then clean up. Grunge just doesn't work well for this girl.

2. Friday the 13th….friend, foe or just a bunch of hooey?
It's all superstition. I freely walk under ladders and open my umbrella indoors. I've owned three black cats and I cross their paths and vice versa many a time. I laugh in the face of superstition. Bring it on...Bring. it. On.

3. Does sex really sell?
Well, considering it's the number one online industry -um, yeah, I'd say so. Besides, we all know it sells in the figurative term as well; trust me.

4. What are three traits that the next man/woman to steal your heart must possess?
Self confidence, intelligence, kindness

5. Finally an easy one…what is your current “foodgasm” item?
hahaha, There are so many things that are foodgasmic to me.(I just like saying the word "foodgasmic!") An amazing piece of cheesecake. Magic 7 layer bars (esp with lots of coconut!). A Reese's Peanut Butter cup if I haven't had one in a long time. The first hot dog off the grill of the summer. A melt-in-your-mouth piece of steak that's been seasoned just right. The list goes on, and on and on...

6 If you could talk to your 16-year-old self, what would you say?
Take your aunt's offer of going living with her and going to college in Florida. DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Take the honors classes - you can ace them, why not do it for funsies? (Overachieving was a trait I developed as an adult...)

7. If you were given one day to live, what would you do?
Wow. That's a tough one. ANd a bit morbid, might I add. I don't know. Tell the people that I care about - that I love them. Even those I haven't spoken to in years because I would want them to know how they affected my life. Hug my kids until the very last moment came.

8. Do you believe “we are not alone” in the universe?
We are so not alone. I totally subscribe to the whole "alien" theory. I think it's rather naive to think that we are the only ones in the galaxy, And truthfully - I think it's rather hopeful to wish for someone other than just us.

9. Do you consider yourself graceful?
No, not in the classic sense of the word. I'm very ungraceful, and have many the bruises to show it. I'm a bonafide klutz. However, I do think that I am graceful in my diplomacy and handling of delicate situations. Most especially in times of chaos or stress - I am, if nothing else - grace under fire.

10. Tell me a secret.
If I tell you, I'll have to kill you. Secrets aren't meant to be shared. Someone who asks to know your secrets, wants to use them against you. You choose to share secrets with those you feel safe with, and those people - will never ask.

4 comments:

David Sullivan said...

I'll give this a shot next week (or the week after):)

Shayna said...

Here you go honey:)

Ingredients

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 14 ounce can Eagle Brans Sweetened Condensed Milk and not evaporated milk
1 cup butterscotch flavored chips
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
1 cup chopped nuts

Directions
Preheat oven to 350°F and 325°F for glass dish.
In 13x9" Baking pan, melt butter in oven.
Sprinkle crumbs over butter; Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumbs.
Top with remaining ingredients in order listed; Press down firmly.
Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool.
Chill if desired.
Cut into bars.
Store covered at room temperature.

chesneygirl said...

I find it very hard to believe that you are a klutz! :)

Lori said...

These are interesting questions. I'm going to have to ponder the 'talking to my 16-year-old self' one, in particular.