Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Hello pussycat...

So this not being able to blog while at work is quite the challenge.
I think I'm having withdrawls....


My cat, whom I adore - has been quite annoying as of late. He cries at 4:30 in the morning because clearly he feels that everyone needs to be awake at that time. I have a cat door that leads from my kitchen to my gym area - and that is where his food and cat box is. So up to this point, I'd been using the cat door blocker to prevent him from coming upstairs at night. However, smart little feline that he is....has figured out how to get by that little blockade. He (quite loudly, might I add) uses his little claws to push up the blocker, and then he rams his head through the little gap to prevent it from coming back down again - and then squeezes through the cat door. He's a thinker, that one.

(As if I'd ever have a not smart cat. Hmmph. Seriously now.....)

I open my door at night sometimes, thinking maybe he just wants to snuggle and that will keep him quiet? Nope. He wants everyone up, up, up! Seriously...? The other option at this point, is to place him in the garage at night with his box and food and water. I've done that on an occasion as well because his meowing at 4:30 on a Saturday morning is less than fun. But then the poor little guy is practically traumatized and screaming at me when I let him in at 7. I feel so bad, but honestly - who wants cranky little kids because they're up far too early? Not this girl!

Seriously!

4 comments:

Hale McKay said...

Your cat sounds like its related to one of ours.

Our Sox are still doing okay, aren't they?

chesneygirl said...

Reason #314 why I am NOT a cat person.

....just sayin'

;)

Tim said...

cats are quirky and cool; cranky kids are not.

Susan said...

Isn't a cat just a kid who can't talk? LOL.