Thursday, June 21, 2007

Goodbye, So long, Farewell....

There is a lot of goodbye going on in work lately.

Our Colonel relinquished his command this morning; we had another going away for one of our finance folks this afternoon. We had a farewell for one of our admin staff yesterday. There’s probably about 7 people leaving the organization this month alone.

One would think we were a sinking ship given all the activity in this neck of the woods.

I think with contract re-competes, and organization revamping – it’s a sign of changes coming. Changes in personnel, changes in positions – changes in opportunities, possibly existing where they may not have been previously.

Change is good. It can be difficult to embrace, especially when it doesn’t seem to feel like it’s a good thing – but it almost always is. You just don’t always realize what the end state is meant to be, until you reach it. And at that point, you’re able to reflect back and realize “aha...now I get it”.

I wonder what kinds of changes are in store for me.

8 comments:

Susan said...

Embrace it...

Anonymous said...

'kay, yesterday was "reunited" and today is "farewell"...

Shouldn't be the other way around. or maybe I should read the whole post and not just skim.

Lloyd L. Corricelli said...

For that organization, in many cases change is good.

It's time for fresh blood to infuse some energy and enthusiasm.

Big Ben said...

I hope you don't get any walking papers!

Change is different but not always good? no?

chesneygirl said...

I am the QUEEN of change right now...ha ha ha... so many changes in my life recently... and there will be more very soon.

... and, as you said, all for the good! :)

Martie said...

Change is inevitable and you just have to go with it. I'm sure it must be hard with so many changes happening at once, but look at what Chesneygirl survived.

Stop over and see the surprise that awaits you at my place.

Hugs

David Sullivan said...

Nothing wrong with change. (Just make sure you have an updated resume ready to roll!

Rebecca said...

Hey all!
Change IS good. :)

I'm in a good spot in work, my position isn't in jeopardy, I don't think. But maybe, other opportunities will present itself....