Friday, June 01, 2007

I will never eat there, again.....

So last night, I took the kids to the Rainforest Café for dinner – with my girlfriend Jessica and her son. While I wasn’t very hungry at the time – I only ordered a Key West Smoothie: Bananas, Strawberries and Nonfat yogurt. When I got the smoothie, it tasted a little.....warm. But I figured, eh – it doesn’t have to be ice cold. Wrong I was. My son split it with me, so he’s the only other one who ate what I ate – and wouldn’t you know? Both of us, sick as a dog all night long. I don’t think I slept more than 2 hours total – and neither did he. He was lucky enough to have thrown up this morning and gotten all that crap out of him. Me? Not so lucky. I feel awful, but haven’t been able to expel all that toxic crap that’s inside of me just yet. Imagine, me without my Dunkin’s? Ugh, I can’t even fathom the thought of coffee right now. As a matter of fact, I work in an open air concept which is killing me right at the moment because I can smell everyone’s food!

And here we are at the end of yet another week. I did manage to buy a few cute things at Ann Taylor Loft yesterday which is always a lot of fun; as well as a quick run to Sephora before entering the Rainforest Café (ugh, I cringe just writing the name..) for a refill on Lip Fusion. I’m going to attempt to take yoga this afternoon, maybe it will help me feel better.

But truthfully, I’m just looking forward for today to be over so I can go to sleep.
Hmmm. Now that I'm writing this -- I should’ve called in sick and gone to the beach today to sleep on the sand!
Why didn’t I think of that sooner??

2 comments:

Martie said...

Sorry you're sick and even sorrier you're sick at WORK. You're right, you should have called in and gone to sleep at the beach.

Our Ty's birthday is May 29th! When's do you celebrate?

Hugs!!! And feel better soon.

Tim said...

You know I was at that very same Mall yesterday with my parents and we were talking about the Rainforest Cafe. I've never eaten there. They have and reported to me that, while the atmosphere is fun for kids, the quality of the food is lees than desirable.

Sorry that you are feeling sick. Hope you feel better to enjoy the rest of your weekend.