Monday, June 04, 2007

Monday, Monday...so good to me!

Despite the cold, dreary weather....and the heartbreaking loss to the Yankees last night, I am so flipping happy right now.
But first.... A little Sox talk.

I look at this way, (and I know, I’m naïve to it all...I certainly don’t profess to be the end all of understanding baseball!) – but, if you’re in a close game and got a good groove going on with your pitcher (Okajima) – why would you shake things up? Don’t get me wrong, I love Papelbon – but I just don’t understand why you wouldn’t leave a pitcher in who isn’t struggling, has a low pitch count – and is a “closer” anyway – to finish the game? I mean, sure – have Jonathan available if Okajima struggles or something in to come and finish it off. But it just always seems to risky to me to have someone come out and take over in the last inning in such a close game, when there might not have really been the need to do it. Either way, it doesn’t matter. A win is a win – and though I hate to admit the Yankees took 2 out of 3 (because we so outplayed them!), they did. I don’t think this was a “pivotal” win for them though; I don’t see much in the way of spark to their organization at the moment. Doesn’t mean it can’t happen later on, but I have to say....I feel badly for them at the moment. They just seem so...broken. Joe Torre does not look well. It will be interesting to see what happens down the road with them.....and of course, the dreaded All Star Break. Because you know....it’s almost a whole new season from that point on it seems.

Now. I am out of my mind ecstatic right now, because.....................
I managed to find a copy of Season 3 Greys’ Anatomy INCLUDING the 2, two-hour specials that I had to miss all season long! I can not wait to get that little package in the mail! I almost can’t even think straight I’m so excited. It’ll be like my own little, “reunion”. I’ve missed my “friends” and wondering what the heck is going on with them all!

(Yes, I know – I am a loser.)

5 comments:

Tim said...

On Baseball - Never feel bad for the Yankees. Never.

Joe Torre is an excellent manager and a hell of a nice guy and I do feel bad for him, but the Yankees as a whole have much bigger fish to worry about than the Red Sox. Take last week for example - after that Sox-Yanks series in NY where they outplayed us in all three games (winning 2 of 3) they had "momentum." Yet after that series they dropped four more games behind the Sox in the standings.

Bob Ryan has a nice piece in today's globe on the 1965 Yankees...comparing them to this year's edition.

I'm glad we don't play them again until late August. By then the AL East could have a whole different feel to it....

On Grey's Anatomy: I never got into that show so can't comment on it. But I will say - have a great time watching!

Anonymous said...

OMG - Did you see Matt Damon on Letterman last night? I saw the highlight this morning - BEST audio clip of ALL TIME!!!
Matt wearing his red sox shirt.
Letterman: (The Yankees) did beat (the Red Sox) this weekend.
Matt: Yes....and 10 more wins like that and (the Yankees) will be in SECOND PLACE"
I heart Matt Damon!!!

Susan said...

Wait, season 3 is on DVD already? Hell, didn't it just end???

Rebecca said...

Green - You DONT know what you're missing! :)

Sookee - Yes, I did see that Matt Damon bit and it was wonderful! hahaha. :)

Glitter: AHA. I found a BOOTLEG copy! Woohoo! I can't wait until SEPTEMBER! ;)

Tim said...

I've been tempted to buy Grey's Anatomy on DVD many times walkin gthrough Wal Mart or Sams Club but have always put it back.

Isn't that a "chick" show? Would I get laughed at for getting involved in it? Pardon my ignorance if it's not....