Saturday, June 02, 2007

Don't we all want to be the focus of a love song?

There are more songs about love, than about any other topic. New love, old love....unrequited love, broken love. Who hasn't listened to a song and thought "now that's the way I wish someone felt about ME!". So that sort of got me thinking as to what would be 10 songs that I would've loved to have written about me. (Or dedicated to me!)

(The caveat to this is, of course there are millions of songs to choose from - and this list could change at any given moment depending upon the mood, time - or of course, songs that just aren't coming to mind at the moment. )

1. Ain't no Sunshine When She's Gone - Bill Withers
2. If I didn't have you - Amanda Marshall
3. All that Is - Garnet Rogers
4. She's got a Way - Billy Joel
5. A Chance - Kenny Chesney
6. Can't nobody love you like I do - Wynonna Judd
7. Emotionally Yours - Bob Dylan
8. A Kiss to Build a Dream On - Louis Armstrong
9. She's Always a Woman to Me - Billy Joel
10. Keeper of the Stars - Tracy Byrd

What songs would you choose at the moment?

6 comments:

Lori said...

The song that really comes to mind is one recorded by John Denver called, "For You." I think it has the loveliest words I've ever heard..and the melody is beautiful as well.

Martie said...

I would love to have several of the love songs dedicated to me....sung to me too. Ahhh, if only my hubby could sing! LOL

Hugs

Anonymous said...

That is a pretty interesting topic. I've never really thought that much about love songs.

Suldog said...

This IS interesting. I wonder if it's a guy/girl thing? Although I wrote a few of the things back in my band days, I have never even considered that a love song could be written about me. Huh.

David Sullivan said...

You're My Home - Billy Joel (says it all)

Ain't Nobody (does me better than you)- Chaka Khan (No explination necessary)

Waiting in Vain - Bob Marley or Annie Lennox (I always wanted someone to pine away for me endlessly)

Sweetest Taboo - Sade

I'll Always Love You - Taylor Dayne

Better Together - Jack Johnson

Anonymous said...

Watch the Wind Blow By by Tim McGraw

You Had Me From Hello by Kenny Chesney

Higher by Creed

My Cherie Amour by Stevie Wonder

The Way You Move by Earth Wind & Fire featuring Kenny Gee

Yo Viviere by Celia Cruz

Ready For Love by India.Arie

Beautiful by Snoop/Pharrell

...just a start