Tuesday, June 05, 2007

It's tough being a girl, let me tell you.....

Last night, I got about 2 hours of sleep and clearly that affected my cognizant thinking skills, aka dressing fashionably. I was a walking fashion faux pas this morning.

It is partly the weather man’s fault. I have to say, I wouldn’t have looked nearly as bad, had the weather cooperated with me.

Last I heard before bed, was that it was supposed to be like yesterday: rainy, windy, thunderstorms. So, I mentally laid out my wardrobe. Black, white and teal pattern skirt, teal tank top with a cute little black cardigan, and........black knee high boots. Now, on a day like yesterday – adorable. On a day like today, which is unbelievably humid and most definitely a beach day, not so good. As a matter of fact, down right ridiculous. So, in a panic I ran to TJ Maxx where I found very cute Nine West peekabo pumps. But then I realized – I needed a different top. The cardigan was not working with this summer look at all. And the teal tank underneath suddenly looked very...cheesy. So I’m panicking to find a top and of course – found nothing that looked good with the skirt. Which, made me realize suddenly how very much I hated that skirt. Never knew it before....but I can never find skirts or pants in my size at TJs, Marshalls or the like – so stuck with it I am. I grabbed a very cute Max Studio twist tie front/sleeveless top (which is too big for me, thought I grabbed a smaller size and clearly – I didn’t!), changed in the dressing room at the store and high tailed it back to work.

In retrospect, it would’ve been easier and less stressful to just run to the Burlington Mall, hit Ann Taylor and get a whole new “me”. But you know.....I just couldn’t wait to get out of my outfit, so compromise was the quicker solution. And, less expensive truth be told.

Did I mention that it’s 80 degrees and 63% humidity in my office (we have a gage in here!), and my hair is absolutely wilting and waving in my face? Had I known there was going to be a chance of rain in my cubicle, I’d have worn a ponytail today.

Thank goodness for good sunless tanner and my Lip Fusion! At least there’s some saving grace to the day.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The rain is coming your way.

Strong thunderstorms hitting western Mass as I type this.

Much cooler tonight and tomorrow; be sure to plan accordingly. LOL

David Sullivan said...

This does not compute! (In my best robot voice)

Anonymous said...

I heard the SAME weather report you did...I was SHOCKED when I got up today. Changed my whole clothing plan on the fly and ended up in layers. A new white t, a 3/4 sleeve white v-neck sweater, tan linen pants. Threw me this morning, though.
And Lip Fusion???? I think I must google this and discover why it's so fabulous....I'm on it.

Lori said...

This reminds me of the story of the geranium. A man buys his wife a flower which she sits on the windowsill...then starts noticing how badly the drapes look...the new drapes make the couch look shabby, etc., etc., etc.....and finally, with all their new chic things, the geranium suddenly looks too simple, so they throw it out!

Of course, yours wasn't quite so extreme, and getting new clothes, no matter the circumstances, is always a plus! Hope your day is going better!

Sarah said...

haha i have so been there. a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

Anonymous said...

ps...your new pic is fabulous!

Lloyd L. Corricelli said...

It's so cute to see you change wardrobes during the day. I so noticed. :)

Suldog said...

I know exactly what you mean!

Yesterday morning, I planned on wearing my mud cleats. Then, later in the day, I decided to wear my regular cleats. Then, when I got to the field, it WAS muddy behind the plate, but by then it was too late!!!

Oh, it's NOT the same thing? Sorry!

Rebecca said...

Hey All -
Thanks for your commiseration - or in Suldog's & Sully's case - trying to commiserate! hahaha.

Sookee - Thanks for the pic comment though I have to tell you I hated it! haha, I put my old one back up. I just don't like many pics of me. Not that I like the one I have up now, but it's good enough I suppose.

Susan said...

That sounds so much like me! LOL. I've done it before.