Thursday, December 28, 2006

A walking contradiction....

This is often how I describe myself. A walking contradiction. Smack dab in the middle of "type A" and "type B" - which in of itself is just weird. Anal retentive about somethings....and so very laid back and lax about others. So, in taking this fun little blogthing, I thought it was ironic that the first sentence used that terminology too.

I haven't been watching the news lately because it's too joyous of a season to be brought down with all the negativity the nightly news brings. But yesterday I did a little catching up. Former President Gerald Ford passed away as I'm sure everyone knows. You know you're getting old when the first President you can clearly remember being in office dies....in other news, Saddam Hussein's sentence will be upheld and executed (literally) within the next 30 days. That is great news for the Iraqi people, and the new government. I don't have compassion for Saddam, but I do feel pity for him. Power is a funny thing.....if you're a good person, you can do magical things with it. If you're not, well - we all know how that story goes. He had a defining moment in his life where he could've chosen to be a different kind of leader, and he opted not to go that route. He could've been loved, revered, respected....a father, a grandfather, and a beloved leader. And instead, he's going to be executed as a heinous dictator. An abuser. A creator of monsters. A rat smoked out of a hole.

The New Year is fast approaching and I'm compiling my list of resolutions. I keep finding new ones to add; clearly I can use some self improvement. But then again, couldn't we all?


Your Element Is Water

A bit of a contradiction, you can seem both lighthearted and serious.
That's because you're good at going with the flow - but you also are deep.

Highly intuitive, you tune in to people's emotions and moods easily.
You are able to tap into deep emotional connections and connect with others.

You prefer a smooth, harmonious life - but you can navigate your way around waves.
You have a knack for getting people to get along and making life a little more peaceful.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hey--did you hear that hundreds of Iraqis are lining up for the job of executioner? No surprise.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Rebecca! Got plans? Be safe! Hugs!

BTW, Naive is fine. I took care of Drew at her house tonight so she and Mr. Naive could go and watch her oldest son and the band he is in play at a place called "Daily Brew"!

BigDadGib said...

I think I am indecisive but I am not sure.
Great post.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

"...You know you're getting old when the first President you remember being in office dies.."

In my case, that President died before you were born. (Am I dating myself?) Hint: HIs nickname was Ike.)