Saturday, December 09, 2006

'Tis the season to be jolly...

Last night was our Holiday potluck...the gathering of the "Aunties"..... and as always, it was a great time. It's been far too long since we've all been able to get together - and even this time we were missing two. But we were thinking of them anyway. I don't think I've eaten that much dessert in a long, long time - and I think I'm paying for it today! Or could it be all that I drank....? We did our ornament swap..... and clearly, some of us have great minds that think alike, as the three of us ended up with the same ornaments, or variations of a theme anyway!

And one of the girls made us all a gift. Something that we'll all treasure....and something that I think we need to bring with us in 4 or 5 years to a holiday gathering and compare what we've done with them. She made us each a scrapbook with a calendar on one side marking everyone's birthdays, and scrap book pages for adding photos on the other side. She also made pages of some of our favorite thoughts and recognizable quotes....as well as a page of wishes that we all had. She had emailed us a few weeks back and asked for some of our favorite memories of the times we've spent together.... as well as quotes and three wishes. She put so much time and thought and effort into this, and it was really touching. We went around the room reading which quotes and phrases belonged to us, and it was fun to relive it all again. I love, love, love gifts like this and it's something that I will always treasure.
Most of the girls in the group have been friends since junior high....some since high school. I came along a little later than that, and I'm so very thankful that our paths crossed when they did. I couldn't imagine life without them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Friendship......nothing more need be said!!!!

Peter N said...

Ditto! Such a great time, I bet!

chesneygirl said...

Sounds like such a great night!
And what an awesome gift your friend made....you're right, those are the most valuable kind!

I'm so envious of all your girlfriend get togethers!