1. "What would you do for a Klondike Bar?" Um, nothing. Ugh, I can't get that stupid jingle out of my head!
2. I'm off Thursday and Friday of this week.... and I'm so very much looking forward to it. Especially Friday, where I get to go Christmas shopping! I love shopping during work days, the stores are quiet and I get so much more accomplished! And, I've been really busy at work lately - I could use the time off.
3. I'm hoping to squeeze another 5k in before the snow really falls around here and stays. There was one at work today, but I didn't get the details on it until Friday and I already had things lined up for this morning so I missed out. I really enjoy running. Funny how I started doing it because I sorely needed a hobby - and I really enjoy it. Some days I might only run 3/4 of a mile - some days I'll run 2. But no matter what, it always clears my head and makes me feel great. It's definitely addictive.....
4. The "gathering of the girls" is this coming Friday night. I'm so looking forward to it. And it's our "Holiday Soiree", hahaha. So lots of laughs, lots of memories to be made....definitely lots of pictures! We're trying to nail down a few different charities we want to donate to. I donate year round to a variety of organizations, but I think I'm going to donate my portion to the battered women and children's shelter. I've always wanted to donate to one and it's quite difficult to get the locations of them, because obviously - they don't publicize that information. But one of the girl's husbands is a police officer and so she was able to provide some info on that type of charity. So many women and children escape their own personal hells at the holidays, leaving all their toys and belongings behind - or not having a holiday at all. It's just something I've always wanted to do for them.
5. Speaking of the girls, some of us got together this past Saturday night at a holiday party. Great time as always....lots of fun, and look for a picture coming soon. The paparazzi was there (naturally, as we are celebrities! hahahaa) so some good group shots should be circulating via email at some point today.
6. Nothing like weather in New England....it rained, snowed - and now the sun is shining. Gotta love it!
7. "Made in Heaven"....now that's a movie I haven't seen in quite some time. I used to love it. I think I need to rent it and watch it again...it's on my mind.
8. Dunkin Donuts wheat bagels....had one today. Gotta tell you - they're not that bad. I eat my bagels like they were donuts....cold, plain and whole. Sort of like a donut --- but not.
9. Tomorrow is most definitely going to be a pony tail day....I can already feel it.
10. I've recently rediscovered why I don't watch the NHL anymore. I hate the rules. They've changed the game so much that it's no longer enjoyable for me. What's up with the stupid shootouts in lieu of having a tie?? Hate it. I'm sorry - but I gave up my Bruin's seasons tickets in '96 and now I remember why. Back then, it was just because they were lousy. Now, they're still lousy - the management is still all screwed up - and ugh, I don't like the "kinder, gentler" hockey with their new rules.
What's on your mind?