Thursday, December 21, 2006

I'm actually going to be ahead of the game!

I cant' believe Christmas is so close! I love that it's on a Monday this year - it's going to allow me an extra day to get ready which means I won't be a crazy busy person on Christmas Eve Day. I'll actually be all prepared for my dinner the night previous. I'll prep everything on Saturday so that I'll only have to finish the cooking on Christmas Day. You have no idea how much of a relief that is. Now, I'll only have to worry about the gifts that I may have forgotten to buy!

As I've mentioned before, I love entertaining - and the cooking is my favorite part of it all. Christmas is the one holiday that I like to go all out and get a little more formal and creative with my menu. So without further adieu, as I always promise to reveal my menus - the following is what will be served on Christmas Day at the "I'm just a girl" house:


Appetizers: Cheese, Crackers, Smoked Salmon, and other condiments
1st course: Shrimp Cocktail, Stuffed Scallops, Scallops wrapped in bacon and Filet Mignon bits wrapped in bacon
2d course: Home made Broccoli, Cheese and Mushroom Soup, Antispasto
3rd course: Baked Ziti & Meatballs/Sausages
Main Course: Spiral Ham, Roast Beef, Roasted Potatoes, Sausage stuffed peppers, Sauteed String Beans Almondine
Dessert: Yeah, I don't do dessert on Christmas. Everyone brings a dessert that day. I call it quits at dessert.


Your Holiday Personality is Social

For you, the holidays are all about spending time with people you love - and even those you kind of like.
Host your own party - maybe even a few. Get people together for baking cookies, watching movies, and playing holiday charades.

7 comments:

Shayna said...

Sounds wonderful Sweetheart and I know it will be great, because I know what a great cook(Chef) you are! Wish we could be there:( I've already put in for the holidays next year, so start thinking of next year's menu now:) lol

chesneygirl said...

Wow! That's sounds FABULOUS!!

But I think I'd be too full by the time the main course came out!! HAHAHA!!

You can send the leftovers my way if you have any to get rid of!! :)

Peter N said...

I'd love to be there! Not for the whole dinner, but just for the first, second and third courses....I'll be there in spirit anyways. With happy and healthy holiday wishes for you and your family, Peter. Oh, I'll skip dessert.
Stay well...Peter N. Hi CHGirl!

Peter N said...

OOPS, is it too late for the main course? Be happy...

Anonymous said...

Damn, I should come to your house on Xmas day!!

Anonymous said...

Ummmm....Rebecca, do you mind if I take your Mom's place at the table Christmas Day? It sounds heavenly and now I'm sitting here drooling on myself! LOL

Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

Anonymous said...

That sounds tremendously yummy!

Thanksgiving is the big cooking day for me, when I lay it all on the line. Christmas is spent more at other folk's places than ours. However, this year I decided to do my Mom a favor and take the turkey off of her hands. So, I'll be cooking a bird over the weekend and then transporting big platters of sliced meat, stuffing and gravy to Weymouth on Monday.