Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Have a cup of cheer!

I found this Christmas "meme" on Martie's blog the other day - and after my cautious mood yesterday, thought that today was a good day to bring back the holiday spirit!
So if you want it - take it - and tell me if you posted, so that I can see what you wrote.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate flavored Egg Nog. :)
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa is all about presentation... but the elves do all the wrapping. Santa can't do it all!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White lights
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. Who kisses anymore??
5. When do you put your decorations up? Thanksgiving weekend.... it's so busy as the holiday approaches, it's nice to enjoy the tree and lights when it's quiet.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I love it all. Ham is the classic centerpiece, but Christmas is when I get really creative and fun with cooking.
7. Favorite Holiday memory? Hearing my Dad explain how Santa's handwriting really wasn't anything like his! ;) And seeing my kids expressions the first time they saw the tree light up and really "got it".

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? The truth is that I still believe. "Miracle on 34th Street" is my favorite Christmas movie. And isn't there a little bit of Santa in all of us?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No. I love waiting for Christmas morning. I'm pretty patient.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Colored bulbs first...then personal ornaments, then "fou fou" ornaments, then the ribbon. (My tree is pre-lit)
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it. I love going snowmobiling, and clearly you can't do that without snow!
12. Can you ice skate? Yes, I can skate pretty well - even do a basic spin. I love ice skating.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I've had so many wonderful gifts over the years...not one is more special than the other. My most special gifts didn't come at Christmas, they were in the summer. And those - were my kids.
14. What's the most important thing? Hmmm....About Christmas? To me, the spirit of the season is more important than the holiday.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? My Auntie Saralee's "Green Slime Pie", which we are having in her memory this year!!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Decorating the tree which I've always done by myself - now, it's a tradition for me and the kids. Hot cocoa, home made ice cream, Christmas music and lots of laughter. Funny, neither my previous relationship or my husband were/are ever into decorating the tree. Is that a "guy" thing? I couldn't imagine not being a part of that.
17. What tops your tree? A teddy bear angel my Mom made when I was young. When I moved out at 181/2, I told her that was the one thing I wanted her to give to me, which she did. It's been on my tree every year since.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Getting gifts is always nice....but the giving of the gifts is by far my favorite.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Traditional: Little Drummer Boy, Oh Holy Night, Greensleeves/What Child is This. Contemporary: Christmas in Sarajevo (TransSiberian Orchestra), Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy (David Bowie/Bing Crosby), Believe (Josh Groban)
20. Candy canes, Yuck or Yum? How can you not love candy canes?!

7 comments:

Peter N said...

OH, and I can't convert to beta yet either. Maybe because I'm using Apple Safari? Who knows...but I am able to comment on the beta blogs...all you need is a google acc't. I will send you a GMail invite if you send me an email. I'll just reply. I'm trustworthy, but you know that.....let me know. And take care, your tree is wonderful...Peter

chesneygirl said...

My husband does not get into decorating the tree either. I think it's a guy thing...with the exception of my dad! :)

I did this same meme last week!

Anonymous said...

I am in the process of posting mine right now! Thanks for the idea!

Anonymous said...

My husband has always helped decorate the tree except for this year!

Rebecca, I just listened to Little Drummer Boy /David Bowie for the umpteenth time today.....I love it!!!

And the answer that I like the best that you gave ? "My most special gifts didn't come at Christmas, they were in the summer. And those - were my kids."
That is awesome and I love you for it!!!!

Big Ben said...

I scared of egg nog and i don't know why?

bigwhitehat said...

I don't like snow. I prefer to shoot quail on the fly. That pot shot stuff just aint sportsmanlike.

Sorry Hon. I just couldn't resist. I'll understand if you nuke the comment.

Anonymous said...

By the way, I think we all want the recipe for Green Slime Pie :-)