Sunday, December 17, 2006

How lovely are your branches.....

So this is the tree this year....it's funny how pictures just don't do it any justice.

If anything, it makes me notice the flaws in the placing of the ornaments. Not that there's a real science to it or anything, but I do try to balance the colors some. Okay, I do have to suppress my Monica-ish tendencies in this area. If I didn't have kids...this would definitely be a science. But with children, you sort of have to mellow out on the whole "Type A" thing. I pretty much let the kids pick out the placements of the ornaments that they can reach. Because truly, it's their tree. They just get a little "guidance" from Mom when decorating. We have dozens of ornaments that we've collected over the years, and each year we pick out a few new ones so the tree is different each year. And this gives the kids variety on what they want the tree to look like. They love picking out the bulbs and they both seem to love birds on the tree this season. They picked a few out this year, so we've got lots of pretty feathered birds. Fortunately, my kids and I have have similar taste! Boy, would they be dissapointed if we didn't! hahahaa.

It's too bad you can't really see the tree up close....it just looks so pretty in person.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a lovely tree! When I click on the photo, I can see the top of the tree much closer and in more detail.....good job Rebecca, good job kids!!!!!

Big Ben said...

Do you have a Red Sox ornament?

Anonymous said...

Once your blog is converted over and you have a Google account, you should be able to leave comments. Although my daughter in KY just set up a Google account (her blog is a Yahoo 360) and she is able to leave comments. Anyway, looking forward to your visit there! HUGS!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Lloyd L. Corricelli said...

Since I got my bigscreen TV, there is very little room in my parlor for our tree so we put it downstairs in our family room. The problem is, we're hardly ever down there so we never see it. Next year, if I'm still in this house, I'll need to find another place for it so we can enjoy it throughout the season.

Rebecca said...

Hi All -
If you're on Blogger Beta - I can't comment most times. AND - they wont let me convert my blog yet either. They wont tell me why - just say unavailable to be converted... :(

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm. Sounds like you're a threat to Bloggerland home security. Take off your shoes and place them on the conveyor belt, please.