Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Ain't nothin' but a groove thang.....

As anyone who knows me knows.....music is a huge part of my life.
Well clearly - someone else got the hint about that as well!

I don't know how they got my information but for the past 4 months, I've been doing monthly surveys for Boston radio stations. They play me snippets of songs currently in the rotation and have me rate them and help them determine how "over played" they are or aren't. How awesome is that?!?! Then, they play me new songs that are coming and ask me to rate them as well.

So last night was my monthly survey for December. Here are some of the songs that I said I either disliked - or are dead, tired, overplayed and should be put to rest. I'm sure there are more - but these are the ones that are lingering with me:

"Hips don't lie" - Shakira : Ugh, if I hear this song one more time, I think I'm going to throw up
"My Love" - Justin Timberlake : This CD is god awful. "Sexy Back" was good but the rest of it makes me cringe. Whatever was he thinking?!?!
"Wind it Up" - Gwen Stefani: Listen, that stupid "Bananas" song irritated me. This one makes me want to send her hate mail. Whatever happened to the Ska/Punk Gwen? I loved her!!
"Call Me When You're Sober" - Evanescence: Okay. I loved, loved, loved their first CD. I thought they were the second coming of old Queensryche. But I can't stand it when a song is beat into the ground. And this one my friends.....is beaten and buried.
"Waiting on the World to Change" - John Mayer: I don't care for him anyway. But this is a song that I'm waiting for the world to throw away.
"Crazy" - Gnarls Barkley: One phrase to capture this song for me -- "nails across a chalkboard".
"Suddenly I see" & "The Cherry Tree" KT Tunstall: Could they play these songs ANY more frequently???? Enough already.
"Maneater" - Nelly Furtado: How about someone eats that girl and we never hear from her again?

So while my vote in politics may not have nearly the impact as I wish it would....here is a forum where my vote seems to really matter!


Now if only I could find someone to interview me for naming OPI nail polishes......

5 comments:

Lloyd L. Corricelli said...

That's what you get for listening to crappy radio stations!

I agree about Gwen. No Doubt was a great group but her solo work is garbage. Her managers should be fired but then again, she's selling millions so why would she care. It kind of reminds of when Mariah when from chanteuse to bimbo hip hop singer. What a waste of a voice.

chesneygirl said...

I don't listen to Pop music very often...but I watched the first hour of the Billboard music awards the other night (ONLY because Kenny was going on:)) and I heard some of these you list. Gwen performed "Wind It Up" and it was the first time I had heard and let's just I hope it's the LAST too! AWFUL!!

Nelly F. came off to me as a complete flake when she accepted her award too.

I second what Lloyd up there said about Mariah...she's wasting her voice. Sad.

btw, if you ever DO get interviewed for OPI you'll never be able to beat "I'm Not Really A Waitress"! BEST. COLOR. (and name) EVER. :)

Anonymous said...

I've only heard of (unfortunately) Shakira & Timberfake - and I don't know any of the songs.

I don't wander too far on the radio dial from WODS, 103.3 FM.

It's a generational thing.

Martie said...

Sometimes the music of the past is way better than some of what they play on the radio today! LOL

Anonymous said...

Did you know there is a line dance to Sexy back? LOL.