Thursday, December 14, 2006

I hate to say "I told you so".....

But I knew that we'd sign DMat. It would've been poor business sense for all of them to not make a deal. You don't pay $52 million to broker a deal, to not make it work, you know what I mean? And for Boras....to lose a client for his own selfish needs would be counterproductive. And DMat wants into the Big Boys League. To have let this fall apart would've been foolish on all their parts. Just my humble opinion. What I am surprised about is the length of time...6 years is an amazingly lucrative deal for the Sox. I thought for sure it was going to be a 3+1 at $11M. So to see 6 at roughly $8.5M is just mindblowing to me.

What I have issues with, is this whole "Dice K" thing. Dice K??? Who thinks of these things?!??! First off, it's awkward to say....second - I think it's just stupid. DMat is quick, easy and to the point. Sounds good, it's strong and you know who it is. I have to stop and think who the heck is Dice K? Ugh. Clearly someone should've cleared this nickname with me, because I'm here to say - I refuse to use it.

It's a good day in Red Sox Nation....it certainly is.

No comments: