Thursday, October 12, 2006

What I am is what I am...is what you are or what....?

Some people are phenomenal with numbers. Some hold a better grasp of the English language.
Some people are thinkers....others are doers.

Why are we drawn towards certain ideas?
For an example...I often wonder why I describe colors in food terms. Chocolates, plums, vanilla/cream, pumpkin, etc. Why don't I just call the colors what they are: brown, purple, off white/yellow, orange, etc? And it's not like I put a concentrated effort into it...it's just who I am, and who I've always been. It gives me a sense of comfort somehow....thinking of colors in those terms seems to give me warmth.


Why am I so captivated by the words that are written as lyrics to a song? If done well, it's poetry - which in of itself is like music to my ears. Why is it so important to me that words are chosen so carefully....when to some, eloquence is rather meaningless? They listen to a song and think of it as merely a melody and words. Or when they speak themselves - they are careless with their words, not thinking of their consequences or the weight that they hold.

It's funny how we all just think so differently...the mind is an amazing thing.

3 comments:

Martie said...

Yes Rebecca, the mind is an amazing thing.....and of all the things I've lost over the years.....it's my mind I miss the most!!! LOL (sorry, just feeling silly tonight)

Peter N said...

This is me again at around 11am this Friday...Tigers look good, and the Mets look OK too. Please check out my blog, and if you'd like, we can exchange links...big Red Sox fan, but a fan of LIFE even more. Thanks, Rebecca..here's my blog link...

http://peteronall.blogspot.com/

hope I'l see you there. Have a great weekend.

Michelle said...

You're in a pondering kind of mood lately huh? I like posts that make me think.