Saturday, October 07, 2006

Only the good die young.....

Tomorrow, my Uncle will be taken of life support....and we have already been informed of the outcome.

I was going to be there with my Aunt when it happened; but my Uncle's sister will be in town and wanted to take her instead. I am going to go up on my own... while I appreciate my aunt still wanting me to be there with her and her sister in law when they let him go -- I think that's a moment they should share privately. So I will go tomorrow morning by myself, and say goodbye.

It's so surreal. I can't quite wrap my brain around it just yet.

As I mentioned my Uncle is a devout Catholic; and I know what he would say to me if he could...."Rebecca, it's HIS plan. It's my time." He absolutely would believe that. And I certainly know that if there is truly a heaven, my Uncle will be there front and center.

3 comments:

Martie said...

Rebecca, I am so very sorry for the loss you will all feel. My prayers and thoughts will be with you, your aunt and your entire family!

Cheryl said...

I'm so sorry, Rebecca. I hope you take comfort in the fact that your uncle would be sure of his future.

chesneygirl said...

I'm so sorry, Rebecca.
Extending my deepest sympathies.

My thoughts are with you and your family.