Monday, October 09, 2006

The rollercoaster hasn't quite stopped....

So....the good news is, my Uncle is still with us. For now.
Saturday, we were told he wasn't breathing on his own....yesterday, he was. Minimally - but on his own. They also told us that he still isn't having brain functions enough to sustain life; but they are wanting us to wait until Wednesday to make a decision - just in case for some miracle, he maintains more control.

It seems the bacterial infection he sustained was a version of EColi - that can ONLY be caught at a hospital; so I think they're very hesitant to let him go without exercising all possibilities. Which I think is a good thing.

If he pulls through by some chance - then it's truly almost a miracle. And if he doesnt....well then we were given the grace of time, to prepare for it.

7 comments:

clew said...

Aww, Rebecca, I'm just now catching up on all this. I'm so sorry ... Your uncle and family are in my prayers.

*HUGS* to you, my sweet friend!

:(

Michelle said...

Yes, I'm sorry to hear this sis. We didn't keep up with blogs over the weekend and this is a terrible thing to read about when we come back. I will pray for your family and for your uncle and the miracle they so desperately want.

ramblin' girl said...

so very sorry to hear about your uncle.

I will keep you, your uncle and family in my thoughts and prayers.

Martie said...

Miracles DO happen....I will keep everyone in my prayers. Hugs, friend!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca!

You and your family are in my thoughts more than you know. Tell Auntie Eileen that I said Hi and am thinking of her. If you need anything, please just give me a call. Keep me informed.

EB said...

So sorry to hear this very sad news - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear this..Yikes. I always hate when people say sorry but there is nothing more to say other than that. So my thoughts are with you....Hugs and kisses to you and the fam.