Tuesday, October 10, 2006

"We could steal time, just for one day..."

I haven't been a fan of traditional network television for quite some time.
But clearly.....someone has got the right idea.


And it seems to be Jeph Loeb - the same guy who's involved with my "other" network indulgence, "Smallville".

"Heroes" (Monday nights, 9pm NBC) is turning out to be quite the interesting show.

First off - it's far from neatly tied in a bow at the end of the hour. Second, it's an interesting concept, and it's fresh. Third, the storylines and characters are all seemingly intertwined which is sort of along the lines of the movie "Crash". While this is far more obvious of a connection than in the movie - it's still unique to see and it's the type of intertwining that does not, or rather can not - reveal itself all at once. It's dark, mysterious, and it draws you right in. There are so many subliminal references throughout each episode, it still has things popping up in my mind today. See, that's what I like - thought provoking. Exciting, interesting, and situational - but so not "House".

This is definitely a two thumbs up - and if you like DC Comics and the such......well, there's a teensie comic book reference in there as well that you'll appreciate.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Bec...

I've been meaning to catch that show but just haven't had the right 'time slot' allotted to watch it...hmmmm.....I know your taste which means...I'm probably missing out on something that is up my alley !

Love
Dad

Unknown said...

I searched the post title looking for lyrics, but I also like smallville and heroes, so I'm gonna check out crash :)