Wednesday, October 11, 2006

That's my story....and I'm stickin' to it!

Friends are like seasons.....they come and they go, changing colors like the leaves that fall from the trees; or blossoming with life with a kiss from the sun. And while sometimes there's a solstice and we miss their blooms - we know that their season will come once again.

Life can't possibly be like a box of chocolates....because I know the square one is caramel! Besides....I don't like chocolate anyway.. So where does that leave me? Why can't life be a bag of Doritos??

Sometimes I wonder....CAN a girl have too many pairs of boots? I think not.

Which means I just need to get more!
Skirts, and boots. And maybe some more blue....
These are the things my wardrobe needs.

Violence isn't always evil.

What's evil -- is the infatuation with violence.

I don't have to win every fight.
And why do I fight so hard all the time anyway.
No one else does....!?

"If I get it all down on paper, it's no longer inside of me,

Threatening the life it belongs to...
And I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary, screaming out loud
And I know that you'll use them, however you want to..."


9 comments:

clew said...

Nice observations!

Thinking of you, my friend!

Shayna said...

I'm a little confused here....What's really on your mind??:)

Shayna said...

Rebecca....
You asked why Life can't be a bag of Doritos. Let me explain. If life was like a bag of doritos, it would be the same thing over and over again with no surprises, twists and turns. With a box of chocolates, not only is the center one a caramel, but I defy you...unless it is marked, to find what else may be contained within these wonderful chocolate sensations....COuld there be nuts? Jelly? coconut perhaps? As the saying goes: Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get!:) and that's my story....and I'm sticking to it!!! lol

Rebecca said...

hahaha. Just random thoughts Ma. Just random thoughts....

I don't like chocolate, but love Doritos... why can't life be like a bag of Doritos? Spicy, salty, cheesy...or maybe Cool Ranch? ;)

Today I'm just all over the place... sometimes, I'm in so much control every place - I have to let my mind wander and do it's own thing. Sometimes you feel like a nut -sometimes you don't! :)

Shayna said...

You're too adorable for words:)

Steve said...

Bec...

Ok..time for Dad's two cents, irrational at times for many to follow, but here goes !
Life isn't about the bag of Doritos, or a box of chocolates or any other interesting goodies inside the container. Life is the 'container'...it's what 'holds' what we cherrish the most. Could it be just thoughts, feelings or maybe...yes even 'emptiness. But no matter what's inside, it's the thrill of opening up that 'container'...It's that 'box' all tied up with 'ribbons and bows' under the tree on Christmas Eve just waiting to be 'opened' and 'explored'
Smile sweetheart...life sometimes sucks !
Always,
Dad

Michelle said...

I was gonna ask the same thing. What's really on your mind, friend.

It's an awesome post, truly, and it seems to speak louder than the actual text.

bigwhitehat said...

What?

And people say I'm weird.

Anonymous said...

I love boots...love them love them love them.