Thursday, October 19, 2006

Don't go away mad...just go away

I'm not in a bad mood per se, but I do have some things that are weighing on my mind and sort of just "ticking" me off in general.

So, I'm going to vent them, in the hopes that maybe they won't bug me quite so much once I write them. Mind you, these aren't big issues - they're all "picki-une" (jibberish for itsy bitsy, not important, small stuff - for those of you who've never heard the term before!)

1. What I wouldn't give for just once....to have my digital camera take a photo without everyone having red eyes. What the heck am I doing wrong? Is it me.... is it the camera? I updated my profile photo, because it's a recent photo from over the weekend. But then when I zoomed in a bit.....devil girl appeared yet again.

2. And since I'm on the topic of my camera, it's got the slowest shutter and flash I've ever seen. It makes it virtually impossible to get a good photo of people because you know someone's going to move, and the person taking the picture has no idea as to when it's actually taking the photo because it clicks like three times. I'm thinking, my camera sucks - for lack of a better term.

3. When you've got a meeting first thing in the morning, and you're stuck in traffic and in a line on a "Left turn on green arrow only" - it infuriates me to no end when the DPW truck that's at the head of the line just sits there and waits a good 30 seconds before starting to make his left turn. What's he thinking about? Does he hear birds singing in his head while he waits? By the way, might I add that at this particular intersection, on a good day with a fast driver in front - there's only time to make 5 cars go through the light. Today, I was car number 6. Did I run the red light? Oh yes, I did......

4. Coffee. Made wrong this morning. Yet again..............
I'm sorry. I'm pretty easy going most days. But when I order my hazelnut/coconut w/ extra milk and 4 Splenda- and get a plain coffee with cream and no Splenda - no sugar, no nothing? Hmmm. That sort of rubs me the wrong way. And I don't understand what happened? I mean, I say all the niceties such as "good morning" - "please", "thank you". Maybe it was those birds singing again....?

In the trash it went.....and needless to say, I've yet to have a cup of coffee thus far today. Which is fine, but I'm really looking forward to getting one in a little while.


So see - nothing really important to be stressed over. Just sort of small stuff that's lingering around me this morning. Probably nothing that a good cup of coffee and a smile can't erase. I just need to get the smile going. It will come, I'm sure of it...it always does. Because that's me - I'm always the happy one....especially after a trip to the nail salon. Which is exactly where I'm going today for my "quicker picker upper"!

Yes, the sun will shine, once again.... and probably in a shade of Broadway Berry.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking at my nails right now - they so need to be done. Anywhoo...I hope you can join us on Sunday. I emailed you at work but am not sure if you are there...

Peter N said...

I'm the happy one...at least that is what all my friends say. Mr. Optimistic. And although I'm not a coffee drinker, I know that if you order something prepared a certain way, and then the finished product seems like a figment of the server's imagination, well, wow...what can I say. Thanks for reading my blog Rebecca. You seem so great. And yeah, you can write. And make a better cup of coffee than the nameless place you went to. Oh, that's right, you didn't name the culprits.

chesneygirl said...

I can relate to 2-4.

Naive, Clew and Nelly can attest to my camera being a total pain in the hiney. It was the nemesis of our blogarita weekend. ALL weekend!

I've rand the red left turn light on many occasions even when I'm not running late!

I don't drink coffe but just the other day I stopped on my way in to work for a cappuccino and silly me, didn't take a drink until I got to work to taste HOT CHOCOLATE! GRRRR!!

*sigh* I miss my acrylic nails SO much!! :(

Michelle said...

Can I just add one to this list?

Nine times out of 10 this doesn't bother me, but the tenth day, I go off the deep end when I cant grab just one coffee filter out of the box!!!

Does a smirk count as a smile?

Lloyd L. Corricelli said...

That's what you get for going to El Dunkino Donatos!

Seriously, maybe you need to relax. I hear there is a thing called TUI.....maybe you have it and should look into it! :)

Anonymous said...

Rebecca - Send me your pics, I will make the red eye go away :-)

Cousin Julie

BD said...

This made me laugh...