Friday, October 27, 2006

Just Do It....


In roughly 36 hours is the long awaited 5k. I was supposed to be running it with my girlfriend, but she unfortunately had to cancel due to a death in her family that she has to travel out of state for. Disappointing of course for a variety of reasons; the main one being the fact she has a death in her family, which is always so difficult. And of course, I was really looking forward to seeing her and doing this together. I don't get to spend much time with her, so I was excited. But that's okay...We're getting together next weekend for a play night, where we'll be "painting the town red" (look out Boston!), and that's a good thing to look forward to.

Despite the fact that this would be my first race ever, and I would be alone.....I'm still running it. It's in my hometown, so I've got to think that I'm going to run into some familiar faces (no pun intended!) - and besides, you don't talk while you run anyway.....so to run it alone isn't the end of the world. I have to say I've always been a 'sink or swim' kind of girl anyway. I'd just as soon do something alone and just accomplish it, than not accomplish because I'm relying on another person to do it with me.

So wish me luck - send "don't give up"" vibes my way. Think of me on Sunday at approximately 10:35 a.m. - when me and my IPOD should potentially be crossing the finish line -- if I keep my pace on track.

3 comments:

Martie said...

Wishing you luck and don't give up girl! Repeat this mantra on Sunday morning before the race and during the race.....and remember who it's from! ;)

Peter N said...

You will do great. And hey, you won't be alone....we're all with you! Promise...Peter

lauren said...

Thanks for the comments! Yeah, remembering makes me happy. As happy as I can be considering the 2nd half of this season, anyway.

And, um...I'm pretty sure it's basically impossible for us girls to not focus on Jason's thighs. No matter how much of a diehard baseball fan we are!