Monday, October 16, 2006

Autumn is the year's last, and loveliest smile.....

I can't say it enough.... I love this time of year.
I'm all about the Pumpkin Pie scented candles, firelogs burning in the fire place on cool nights....apples picked fresh from the tree. Even when the mornings are cool - the warm sun contrasting against the crisp air is so.....refreshing.

And of course, there's the food that comes with this time of year. Love, love, love my comfort food. Comfort food is different for everyone....but for me, it's the beef stews, pot roasts, roast beef w/ Roasted Potatoes, slow simmered spaghetti sauce w. meatballs. What's better than that!?!?

Don't get me wrong, I love the summertime.... but I think there's something special about Autumn. The changing of the colors of the leaves....the grass still so green....it just seems to brighten everything up around here.




You are Mahogany


Stable and decisive, you lack the hyper energy of most orange colors.
You're still energetic, but you tend to project a peaceful, relaxed vibe.
You love to feel cozy. You often rather wrap up in a blanket than go out for the night.

9 comments:

chesneygirl said...

Although summer is my very favorite, I do enjoy fall too.

Apples, apples, apples!!
Went to an apple festival this weekend...brought home some FRESH caramel apples, apple cider and apple crisp donuts.....YUMMMMMM!!!!

...and I burned my 'Warm Apple Crisp' and 'Mulled Cider' candles all weekend...mmmmm.

Peter N said...

You are making me hungry, CG. And rebecca, I loved your Autumn post...that's the weather we've had this past weekend, and today, Monday. Early morning temps near 29 or 30. Afternoon temps close to 60. 64 is the normal high on this date. Take care. I enjoy your stuff. A lot!! Be well.

Lloyd L. Corricelli said...

The whole color thing didn't work out well for me. I was Cameo and the description said that everyone was my friend and I had no acquantances. That is so very opposite of me!

Peter N said...

Takk you for the link Rebecca...you're the best! Have a great "non-baseball maybe because of rain" night.

Peter N said...

Maybe, just MAYBE, could you add my name to my link, so it will read Peter's Red Sox Forever. There are too many Red Sox Forever blogs. I like there to be no confusion. If you have an extra minute, Reb....and thank you!!! Love your blog...Peter

Martie said...

I love this time of year too! ;)

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic blog. Hello.

Bougie Black Boy said...

Hope things are going well over there. I've been incognito for a while. I, too, love this time of year. I need to get away to the country!

Anonymous said...

I just bought a pumpkin yankee candle in a pumpkin jar, my absolute favorite!