Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Run to the Hills.....

I'm officially an IPOD owner.
As much as I thought I was going to get the bright blue Nano - I ended up with the pink one.
I figured it would hide scratches better than the blue... though the blue is pretty darn sharp.
I may have Color Remorse right about now. Thinking I should've stuck with the blue..... hahaha.

(You know how that happens when you go out to eat in a restaurant? You order something you think you want - but then you see what your friend orders and you think "Oh, THATS what I should've had...." Food Envy. Order Remorse. Diner's Regret.....)

So, the kid at Circuit City asked me what my playlist was going to entail. I have to tell you - I'm using this predominantly for running only, so I'm using music that sort of motivates me to sweat as opposed to leisurely listening experiences. That might change - but that's the direction I'm starting out in. It's a mix of disco/trance/heavy metal. Yup, heavy metal. There's nothing like some classic Metallica or Iron Maiden to get me motivated to move!


And Sunday is the 5k I've been "training" for. I'm excited. I haven't had the chance to run outdoors yet; it gets dark out pretty early now, and my girlfriend I'm running this with doesn't have time to run the course with me after work - and I dont' want to run it alone at night - that just wouldn't be safe. And unfortunately where I live (which isnt' the same town the race is in) - there are no sidewalks.

But I do get to run....on my treadmill.....with my IPOD.
I feel so cool.
(hahahahahaha)

6 comments:

chesneygirl said...

I love love LOVE mine!!!! Love.

I have the Nano too...the black one.

My main use is for working out. It helps so much that there have been times when I've gotten to the gym and realized I've forgotten it....and I leave, I don't even work out. I know that's bad but I've gotten so used to it that I can't work out effectively...I've tried but it was horrible!

Have fun with it, I do!!

Oh and....GOOD LUCK Sunday!!! :)

Rebecca said...

Thank you, thank you!

It's a 4G one. I don't think I need the 8G... who needs 2000 songs??? I'm just breaking into this territory! ;)

Martie said...

Good luck in the run on Sunday. Oh and enjoy your new Ipod!!!

Peter N said...

I love my treadmaill...but I don't have an Ipod...but I do blast the music while toiling so happily on the treadmill...4 miles every day...and the music volume? ear splitting...enjoy. And keep on keeping on with the running. 5K? That's great.

EB said...

Good Luck Sunday in the race! We are all supporting you!

Anonymous said...

You know you are cool. I did the same thing when I got my mini but I did the reverse. I ended up with blue when I wanted pink. LOL.