Wednesday, October 18, 2006

How many days until Spring Training?

I've held off on some of my baseball thoughts, since I was sort of adjusting to the fact that October is here and we have no more Fenway action going on. Since having satellite radio, I haven't been listening to Sports Radio as much as I used to...so I'm not as up to date on the latest trade talks, etc... but I've got some definite thoughts about the upcoming season, and just wanted to share them.

1. ABSOLUTELY don't trade Manny Ramirez. I'm sorry....but I kinda dig Manny being Manny! He's fun to watch, he's got great spirit - and he's amazing in the 4 Spot. Let me just ask you this - who could possibly replace him? Divas are such because they have a talent and we love them for it - actually, it's because of their talent that we hand them the world on a platter. So why complain when they become accustomed to that sort of treatment? It's your toy - you wound it up - now play with it!!!

2. Pitching, pitching, pitching. Big hole here folks. I don't have any real answers for this one. I am looking forward to seeing Papelbon as a starter next year though - that much I know.

3. ARod to the Sox?!?! Personally, I wouldn't like to see it only because I don't care for him. At all. Sore sport cheating jerk. (Wait, did I say that out loud?!?!) However..... keep Lowell at third, put ARod at ShortStop.....might not be such a bad idea. Will it happen? Probably not.... but fun to think about.

4. Why so hard on them? Listen, let's face it - after last year's off season and all the chaos that was involved - we went into this season with minimal expectations. At least I did anyway. So when they were so darn good during the first half, we had hope....dreams....could they do it again? Red Sox Nation was holding their breath with possibilities. Lowell and Loretta came up far huger than we ever gave them credit for initially...our infield was amazing. But let's be honest... we have holes that need to be patched on this team, and despite how well they played....they just didn't have the whole package this year.

But don't feel badly....neither did the Yankees. And isnt that really all that matters once regular season ends?

5. Speaking of Pinstripes. How sad is it that all that talent, all that money....and they still can't get it together and keep it together. Tsk, tsk, tsk....I know we have a steep payroll too, but c'mon. Money can't make a team...a team is made of heart, and spirit.

And please, would somebody retest Giambi????? Gross.

6. Sports Desk. Damn it - why can't I have Hazel Mae's job???

7. Jason Varitek. What?!? As if I need to say more.....

4 comments:

Big Ben said...

I miss Hazel Mae, you stole her from Toronto TV you know. She has such a cute little butt.

If you missed it the Jays finished second!

chesneygirl said...

Wow! You know WAAAY more about baseball than I do!!

The only thing I know about baseball is "Gum Time" :)

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!

Lloyd L. Corricelli said...

No way ARod comes to Boston. I'd be pretty upset. Despite his talent, there is a big black cloud hovering over his head.

Pitching needs to be the #1 priority for this team. Sigh...remember when we had "too much" starting pitching in spring training?

Martie said...

I don't know how to tell you this, Rebecca, but baseball is NOT over. WE(meaning Tigers) are going to the world series in a few days.....after that, baseball will be over!