Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Why can't I just get what I want?

Okay, let me warn you - there's a whine coming up. And it's a girly girly thing, so be prepared.

I'm going for a haircut tonight. For those of you who have been reading this for a while, you'll remember that about a month ago - I got it cut. I never get it cut that frequently, because a good cut should last a while. I haven't been able to get a good cut, anywhere!!! I'm so frustrated, because what I want is pretty simple. It's a Jennifer Aniston knockoff. And yet, I'm having a bitch of a time finding a stylist who doesn't just "yes" me to death on understanding what I want, and then not delivering.

Whew. I'm glad I got that out....

My parents are coming in tomorrow; I haven't seen my mother since Thanksgiving, and my Dad since Christmas. They aren't divorced - but due to their schedules they can't always come together. Neither one of them have seen my daughter since she was an infant. They'll be in for quite a shock to see her walking and talking. It's rather sad when you think about it - so much of the "day to day" family life that they miss out on. But that's a rant for another day....

Today, 4pm EST - Red Sox v. White Sox: Game 1
I've got my Manny gear on!
I'm saving my Varitek get up for the Yankee's series...Cowboy Up!

7 comments:

Lori said...

Maybe after seeing your daughter now your parents will change the way they do things and come around more often. Are you ever able to go there? Life is too short and precious for regrets...

I come from a large family (6 of us "kids", my parents and 12 grandchildren). We are very close and are friends as well as family. My folks are like air to my children, they are so familiar.
However...I don't see my stepdaughters often. They are grown and their dad, though he loves them very much, just isn't that close to them. It's hard to get to know them on my own, and though we get along well we don't foster a truly close relationship. Reading your words - as well as Clew's post from the other day - makes me realize that I need to change that.

Maybe these next few days will be a new start for you as well? I'll be thinking of you...

DBFrank said...

Stoopid spammers.. sheesh.
Anywho, enjoy the visit.

bigwhitehat said...

Rebecca, turn on your word verification.

I enjoy my haircut. I have the same one as Max. Yes the Botee. I don't have to worry about who does it. My man Schick does a good job every time.

Cheryl said...

How'd the hair turn out?

clew said...

Rebecca, it is for this very reason that I have had the same marcia brady cut for a thousand years ... i cant get what i want so I dont even bother asking. Just trim it up and de-scraggle, thank you!

Regarding the folks - I know that you know that I know what you're saying and how you're feeling. :/

bigwhitehat said...

Just one thing. Please don't get the chicken butt cut.

Rebecca said...

Hey all -
Great haircut! ;) I've got that Jennifer Aniston "Friends" thing going on... I've always sort of had it anyway, but the angles just weren't right where I wanted them. Totally a "chick" thing. You girls are probably all nodding in agreement and understanding when I say that my hair just didn't "fall right"....

Big White Hat - yes, you and Max definitely have the Schick thing going on, which isn't a bad thing, and definitely makes life convenient!!! ;) And this is my first spammer - so I'm holding back a little while longer from the word verification. It drives me crazy having to enter all those wavy letters in! ;)

Thanks for the kind words on the parents situation as well... It's frustrating and dissapointing, but I guess I can just be happy with what I've got right? There are so many that don't even get once or twice a year. Perspective - depends upon where you are standing at the moment of reflection....