Thursday, October 27, 2005

This is a "must see"...

“It's the sense of touch. In any real city, you walk, you know? You brush past people, people bump into you. In L.A., nobody touches you. We're always behind this metal and glass. I think we miss that touch so much, that we crash into each other, just so we can feel something…”

I’ve been relatively disappointed with a lot of the movies that have been coming out of Hollywood lately. Even movies that have been hyped as being excellent are falling rather short. I tend to like the movies that you don’t hear much about, or that aren’t cinema darlings, so to speak. I happened to catch a movie this weekend that was fantastic. This is no chick flick – it’s a dark, thought provoking movie that challenges moral beliefs, and stereotypes that are unfortunately, very real in today’s society still. Pay attention to the dialogue…..all of it. It’s by far one of the best movies I’ve seen in years.


There is one scene in the movie - right in the heart of it – that will take your breath away. But don’t turn away…watch. You’ll be glad that you did.

The movie is called Crash, and it stars an ensemble cast including Don Cheadle, Sandra Bullock, Brendan Fraser, Ludacris, Larenz Tate, Matt Dillon, Tony Danza, Terrence Howard (love, love, love him!), and many more.

Let me know what you think…

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I haven't seen this one yet. But that certainly is an accurate statement about L.A.

Alison Rose said...

I loved Crash, too (but then, I'm a sucker for those multi-thread movies, like the ultimate, Nashville). And I know exactly which scene you're talking about--you're right, I'm glad I didn't look away, but I was crying just the same.

Excellent recommendation!

Rebecca said...

Muchos Gracias Ruben and Alison. I hope everyone else loves it as well. Thats' a great way to describe it too - multi-threaded. It's true, all the characters interweave.

Michelle said...

Rebecca, I don't know how I missed this post.

I saw this movie and wrote about it on Stephen's (? I think) blog a few weeks ago.

The movie kind of shows how every race discriminates against other races and even their own. In the end, the barriers are somewhat broken when people realize that despite race, we are all just humans. Good film.

Anonymous said...

Personally i like Brendan Fraser(http://www.most-wanted-movies.com/star/Brendan-Fraser.aspx). See his filmography at Most Wanted movies.