Friday, October 28, 2005

I'm glad Friday is here....

Can I just tell you – it has been incredibly hectic, crazy for me lately – and I don’t see it slowing down any time soon. Between weddings, and birthday parties, and showers, and fundraisers, and wine parties – I barely have time to breathe. Normally, my life is relatively dull and I would welcome such distractions, but when they all come at once within a three or four week span – it’s a little overwhelming. And of course –there’s also Halloween. And my poor little kiddies are both sick at the moment. Again. I feel bad for my little chickies. They’re in great spirits, it’s just a simple change of season cold, but I hate when they’re under the weather. ‘Tis the season, I suppose.

All of this business has made it difficult for me to do the things I enjoy the most. Like hanging out with my girlfriends! Last night I missed one of our monthly get-togethers, which I hate doing… my husband got home sort of late last night – but early enough for me to go, but honestly – I couldn’t keep my eyes open! I was in bed at 9, and for those of you who know me, I don’t “crash” very often. So you can imagine how tired I’m feeling. (Did I mention that I "offered" to host a shower at my house for a girl at work? I didn't? Stay tuned, that story is coming....)

And most of all, I missed the karate tournament. Which I’m so disappointed about. However, on the upside – please feel free to visit Karla and congratulate her! The team that my girlfriends were on won 1st place in the group competition….and both her and Kathy did excellent in the individual competition, placing 3rd & 4th respectively. It doesn’t get much better than that first time out of the gate!

Well, all this excitement should give me some interesting things to blog about! So stay tuned, I'm sure I'll have some sort of rambling amusements to share.

Here's a fun little blogthing for Friday. Oh yeah, this one is all me:



Snickers


Nutty and gooey - you always satisfy.


11 comments:

clew said...

I'm candy cigarettes! How funny!!!

Hey girl, just popping in - Haven't been around much lately as you know - but I think I'll be back in the swing soon.

We all have colds here so since the boy is so little and won't know the diff, we may be skipping Trick or treat this year. Am I a bad momma? ;)

Have a great weekend!

Rebecca said...

Hey Clew! Great to see you! :)

Naaaah. You've got another year before Wonderboy really GETS the Halloween concept. I'd keep him in if he was too sick.... After this year, it would take some serious illness to hold him back! :)

See ya soon! Let me know when you're back in business...

Michelle said...

I'm a Butterfinger ~ they don't call me sitcky fingers for nothing.

???????

I'm so glad it's Friday too! I've had a terrible morning so far. Blogger has been giving me a hard time and I get so frustrated.

I tried to upload pics of my son's 1st year birthday party (the decorations would be right up your alley Rebecca), but it wouldn't let me. I got so upset I didn't post anything! Maybe I'll try again later.

Rebecca said...

Hmmm. You know what I noticed - if you're using a pop up blocker, or a browser that inhibits scripts - Blogger has a hard time with it. I use MyIE and if I want to upload pictures, I have to use my standard IE so that it won't launch a new window. Try that, I'd love to see them! :)

Cheryl said...

I hope there's some relaxation in sight... It's so sad when the kidlets are sick, too.

I got butterfingers, too. My all-time favorite candy bar even!

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Geez, Becca...everybody knows my name.

It's Jasen,but everybody calls me "J", and if you were single you could call me as often as you liked, and call me anything you wanted too if you were wearing those boots.

Michelle said...

Finally got the pics uploaded. Clew told me that blogger was giving her a hard time this morning too. I decided to forge ahead and try again. Come see when you get a chance.

ramblin' girl said...

when it rains it pours. my crazy busy times seem to clump together, too. anyway, have a great weekend!

Jerrster said...

alright...I knew you'd be my favorite candy.

Rebecca have a great Halloween Weekend and hope the kids get well soon!

Trick or Treat?

I say treat everytime.

Lori said...

I've always considered chocolate the 5th food group!

Have a great weekend!

Rebecca said...

Hey Naive - I'm off to go see your pics now!

Jerk/aka Jasen - I had no clue! If I wasn't taken my friend, believe me, I'd be a-calling. ;)

Jerry - Snickers - really satisfys! :)

Lori/Jag/Ramblin'Girl/Cheryl: Have a wonderful weekend girls! Do something fun for yourself...:)