Friday, October 14, 2005

Raindrops keep falling on my head...

Today is the 8th day of rain we’ve seen here in Boston. This is the part of fall that is my least favorite. It’s cold, it’s damp…just sort of dreary. A stay in bed, sleepy eyed – “let’s just wear cozy clothes” kind of a day. These are the days that remind you that winter is not that far away. I used my fireplace for the first time this season last night, and it was beautiful! Nothing takes that chill out of your bones like sitting in front of the fire and unwinding. Well, maybe a warm bath – but who has the time for that?

As I drove onto the base this morning, the guard said to me “Remember, it’s not raining…it’s not raining”, as he’s being completely rained upon - with no rain gear on. Give this guy a rainjacket! I said to him, “Come in to my world…the sun shines every day here!” I’m all for the power of positive thinking.


So, in an effort to keep the sun in my otherwise cold and rainy world today, I am going to do a little “feel good for me”. I’m going to leave work early and do a little shopping with one of my girlfriends at Ann Taylor and Sephora. Then, I’ll be home early and I’ll light a fire and snuggle with the kiddies …have some cheap Chinese takeout - and look forward to a quiet, relaxing night. A great way to end the week… and a great way to enjoy the weather.

9 comments:

jamie d said...

Whats wrong with being stucjk in the 80's? Its better than being stuck in the 90's.

Nice writing and blog.

clew said...

Sounds good, Rebecca! The Hub and I are building a fire in the fire pit tonight and are hanging with some friends. Can't wait!

(Stay away, rain!)

P.S. Stop by and see Incrediboy on my blog. Only up for a limited time ;)

Cheryl said...

Sounds good to me. Especially the Ann Taylor part!

Rebecca said...

Hi All - have a wonderful weekend if you don't see me on the PC. I'll be sure to check any posts I've missed. :)

Jamie - Thanks for stopping by! Come anytime. :)

ramblin' girl said...

sounds like a great start to the weekend!

bigwhitehat said...

Come on down and get a little sunshine. This is a beautiful time of year down here.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

YYou've got the right idea about spending the day and night. I like your blog.

Rebecca said...

Hey all - it WAS a great night!

Ramblin Girl/ Jean Luc - thanks for stopping by! Feel free anytime...

Rebecca said...

BWH: Love, love, loved Texas! I think I wrote that in one of your posts. BEST steak I've ever had, and the best Mexican. And we all know how I'm all about food. ;)