Tuesday, October 18, 2005

These boots are made for walking...

So let me tell you first and foremost, I'm not a big clothes shopper. I tend to buy a few classic items that I can coordinate with each year, but although I adore Ann Taylor and many other shops - I'm not your typical clotheshorse kind of girl. Where I DO have an "addiction" if you will - is with boots. I love sexy, fun, flirty boots. They dress up a pair of jeans...they can add flair to the right business pantsuit...or can give you just enough height with a pair of dress pants so that they fall perfectly. I love them. I have them in varying styles - predominantly black - but also cream, hot pink, brown, and now... eggplant! I scored a pair (on clearance, which is even better!) over the weekend in eggplant. Seeing that my favorite colors are generally chocolate and plum...eggplant fit right in!

So, as I was planning to write a fun frivolous post on what color nail polish I felt like I was today - I found this fun blogthing. I took it - and would you believe my results???? See below!

You Are Skinny Heel Boots

You always look great - from your styled hair to your sleek boots.



Those are what most of my boots look like! Yet another blogthing that fit my personality perfectly. Who'da thunk it?
As Shania would say....Man, I feel like a woman!


12 comments:

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Wow, you HAVE boots like that? Hubba hubba.

Bougie Black Boy said...

I want some damn cowboy boots, badly. Even my dad got a pair!

Cheryl said...

I was THRILLED this weekend that it finally got cold enough to pull my black boots like these out of the closet. Love it!

Lori said...

Gotta love those boots! A perfect addition to the beginning of Autumn.

bigwhitehat said...

This test doen't work for dudes.

Rebecca, I bet you could stop traffic in those boots.

Stephen, go buy a pair. If you get a good pair you'll never go back.

DBFrank said...

Oh my, but I LUV ladies in boots..
Yep, Stephen, gotta get you some boots... I got my first pair at twelve, and that pretty much sums up my wardrobe now. Boots of all types.

Rebecca said...

hahaha. I remember when I was 9, my mom said I could cash the bonds she got when I was a baby, and I could buy anything I wanted....you know what I bought? Dingo boots. :) And at 9, it wasn't "cool" to wear them, but I've always sort of walked to the beat of my own drum, you know? I've always been a boot kind of girl.

And Kodi - I've got to tell you - these heels are fantastic for the snow. When I wear my other boots that are flat, I tend to slip alot when it's icy. These bad boy heels dig right in and keep me steady! :)

Rebecca said...

Oh - and thanks for all the fun compliments.... :)

it's funny, because most of the boots sold around here are that style. It must not be like that elsewhere?

Mellissa said...

Oh Rebecca - does this mean I can have the pink barbie boots now?

I can totally relate to this post as I am a shoe freak and I can't wait for fall so I can pull out my boots and I SOOO agree about how a boot just does the whole job :-)

Hope you are doing great up there in Boston!!

Mel

Susan said...

Sounds like you are right up there with me! I got a pair of Raspberry boots about a month ago. I Love them to death. I can't wait to wear them but they are sheepskin lined and it's not cold enough to wear them yet.

Bougie Black Boy said...

Steelcowboy,
I think you and Max are my idols. I need to get a cowboy hat too. I think I could Rock that!

clew said...

I tried on a pair of silver tennis shoes with heels like that not too long ago. Strangest, coolest shoes I ever saw. I looked like a rock star in 'em, but they killed my feet in about 20 seconds. But if I were 10 years younger ...