Saturday, September 03, 2005

Aaaahhh. The Weekend is here....

Can I just tell you how much I'm looking forward to this weekend?
No vacations - no packing, no unpacking. Just some R&R.


Today - G is taking T to Applecrest - the BEST place in the world for Pick Your Own! I wish I was going with them, but we'll go all together the weekend after next. (Next weekend we are slammed, Friday - Sunday). So, while they're picking peaches and apples today - I'll be visiting my sister for a bit; then going to get my fall decorations for the house! I took down my hanging petunias since they were mostly just greens now; and I'm so very much looking forward to decorating today. I'll probably have to wait on the corn stalks until maybe tomorrow or during the week. But I should get the bulk of it done today. And I've already been burning my pumpkin candles, so I'm loving the warm weather mixed with the autumn time of year. Reminds me of when I was a kid...

Tonight, my girlfriend Lynne is coming over for dinner; a little cooking on the grill and some laughs. I'm looking forward to that too! Sunday - I think we're heading over my girlfriend Brooke's house for some of the same; and then Monday, we'll be over my Mother In-Law's.

I've been intentionally avoiding watching the aftermath of Kristina; but I gave in and was riveted all of last night. I've been reading about it, but just trying not to watch it too much. We donated $200, and I've packed a box of my clothes - as well as taking some clothes of T's that have been packed away for a few years (1-3 yrs. sized clothing) and sending them down as well. There's so many children who need it. If we hadn't sold Timson Street - G and I were saying we'd donate an apartment. If Mantown was a little bigger - we'd consider taking a small family in - but it's just not big enough unfortunately. And how can you offer to only a couple - it's the children who need it more. So unfortunately, we're not in a position to do that. But we're doing what we can...

Which reminds me - I wonder if the MDA Telethon is being "bumped" in lieu of the hurricane?

I'm off to the shower...have a wonderful day!

No comments: