Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Jousting over tragedy....?

Okay. I'm going to keep my rant on this subject brief, because I don't want to use my blog for this purpose, however... here I go. It's quite disturbing to me how quickly the fingers are being pointed with regards to "fault" over Katrina's clean up/rescue efforts - or lack thereof. Like Bush, Love Bush, Hate Bush, or Despise Bush - the responsiblity ultimately lies in Lousiana's individual government and FEMA authorities. Whether the federal government responded in a timely manner is secondary; the local yokels "dropped the ball" on this, folks. Why do you think that their FEMA President resigned? Personally, I think alot of the burden lies square on the Governor of that state. So I truly wish that all the bipartisan name calling, hair pulling and BS would stop - and that we could all pull together for the sake of the victims. Because using a tragedy like this hurricane as a soapbox for potential party gain, especially in a non-election year - is so very dissapointing and discouraging. There, I've said it. And now, since I've sort of put my political foot out there, you may be wondering what my party is, where my loyalties lie. Well, I don't have one. I'm a registered Independent. I prefer to choose for the person I prefer, and their stances on the issues that are important to me; rather than being loyal to a party that I don't 100% agree with. Besides, there's no loyalty amongst thieves - and politicians my friends - are thieves!

On a much fluffier note: It's Tuesday, the week is almost over already! My girlfriends and I are getting together for a much needed and well deserved dinner on Friday. We get together once a month - and we rotate houses, and sort of do themes. Mine is this month, and I've chosen to do a Mimosas/Bloody Marys at Midnite theme. It's a brunch at twilight. It's going to be a ton of food, fun and laughs - which in light of all the devastation is well needed. Donations will be dropped off as well, for delivery to the Red Cross.

And, my last random thought for today is:
I hear ya clucking, big chicken!

No comments: