Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I can't be the only one...

Tonight, I watched what has to be one of the dumbest movies ever. Before I say what movie it is, I have to say - I was really looking forward to seeing it. I heard it was hysterically funny....and I like to laugh. Despite how sick I am, I thought it might be good medicine. I'd been waiting for the chance to watch it, and tonight was that night.

Not only was this movie not hysterically funny, I was absolutely dumbfounded how everyone in the movie was "challenged". Maybe that was the humor??? Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of "MTV humor" like everyone else; I loved South Park, JackAss, Viva La Bam, etc... but this??? I watched it about half way through and I got a chuckle or two, but truly only watched because I almost felt like I was the only one in the world who wasn't getting the humor, and I can't be the only one!?!?! I almost felt pressured to think it was a riot, when I just didn't "feel the love" for it.

Napoleon Dynamite just doesnt' do it for me. There are some great one liners in it, and a few quirky moments...but truly not the "great movie" it had been hyped up to be.

After about half the movie, I asked my husband to shut it off; flipping through the channels we found "The Godfather Saga".

Now that, my friends....is a great movie.

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Well, I feel better knowing I'm not the only one who feels that way! ;) I know there are some movies you sort of have to watch again and again...I just don't know if I can sit thruogh it! hahahaha.... we'll see... ;)

clew said...

WOW! I too have been feeling like I've been missing something by not seeing this movie. The thing is, I haven't really wanted to. Now I don't feel so bad! :)

Wish I could say the same for Hitchhiker's Guide. What a piece of ****! There's two hours of my life I wish I could have back!!!

Gunngirl said...

First, very pretty blog. Found you through Glitter Glam Girl

Now, I laughed a bit, and have realized this movie is now a bonafide Cult movie. I didn't finish the whole thing, but didn't find it revolting. BTW, Godfather saga? Good find.

Oh, and please for the love of god, Why Viva la bam? Why, whyyyyy? LOL

Pirate said...

Yuo and anyone over 30 doesn't get it either. Kids love it. Go figure.

Rebecca said...

Hey all - sorry I've been MIA, I'm really really sick and just don't feel up to being online at the moment.

GunnGirl - Thanks for stopping by -feel free to come back, the water's always warm! :) And I know, Bam is sort of like Breaking Bonaduce - a train wreck that I'm unable to tear my eyes away from!

Hey Pirate - good to see you. Yeah, I'm sort of thinking this just isn't my type of movie. I actually tried rewatching it today and I still felt the same way. I guess you can't win 'em all, right? :)

Lori said...

The first time I watched it, I felt sorry for the guy. But my kids found it so hysterical so I watched it again. I have to say that it grew on me, too. But I'm around teenagers a lot, since I work at the school and I guess for me, it was just good to see something that was super silly and wasn't filled with cursing, sex and violence. Now THAT is what gets tiring...

P.S. My husband doesn't see much humor in it, but...he's been known to quote a line or two! "Whatever I feel like...GOSH!" ;-)

Rebecca said...

Lori - great point. It WAS without cursing, sex or violence. So there is something that I can enjoy about it. I hadn't thought of it that way... ;)