Monday, September 26, 2005

This is weird...

Blogger won't let me upload my photos. I was going to post a picture of the latest girl's night out Mexicana style - but even though Picasa says "Upload Successful"... I can't get it to show up properly. Interesting....

Today I'm home from work. One being, my daughter is sick. I had her at Children's yesterday, and they thought she had pneumonia; fortunately, it's not - but she needs to be "low key" for a little while. And of course, I got sick as well. I have practically no voice. I always say this is my "sexy Demi Moore" voice. Wait, wouldn't that be Demi Kutcher now? That is such a bizarre pairing, isn't it. Am I the only one who thinks she looks old with her hair that way?

So, my daughter is napping and my son is playing games - and I'm going to go downstairs where he and I can bake a blueberry cake. He loves when I stay home because we always make something fun. Plus, I am Mom - and so he just loves when I'm home anyway!

I have to say I'm enjoying the day off myself. It's quiet, relaxing....and with all my pumpkin candles and cinnamon roll tart warmers burning, it's a beautiful fall day. It almost makes me forget how lousy I'm feeling!

10 comments:

Jerrster said...

Darn Blogger...don't give up Rebecca..would love to see the photo.

DBFrank said...

Hope your daughter gets to be feeling better!

Lori said...

I've been having problems with photos also, Rebecca.

Isn't it nice to have an "at home" day? When my kids were little I was fortunate to be able to stay home with them. We had so many wonderful times baking, reading outside on a blanket with cookies and lemonade, running through the sprinkler....
A precious time for you all. Hope your daughter is feeling better. So hard when they're not themselves...

Jill said...

Hi Rebecca - I clicked to your site from Tish G's site - I don't know her but I'm in the Cleveland area and a couple of blogs I read have comments from her, so I clicked to her and then to you.

Good luck with the sick child - I'm in today too with my youngest who has a stomach thing. Three pieces of plain bread seem to be helping. Good ole BRAT diet. We're going to make a banana bread shortly.

I'm commenting because I wanted to ask - how did you do or where did you get your beautiful template? My blog is blogger too and I've been tweaking a lot.

Thanks and good health to you - Jill

Rebecca said...

Hi Jill,
Thanks for stopping by! :)

I actually don't remember where I got the template...thanks, I'm glad you like it! I don't love it, but it's the only "pretty" one I could find. I just searched Yahoo and Google for free blogger templates, and one of the sites listed it. When I get home (I'm at work) I can check the server and see where I got the files from!

Sorry to hear your child is sick too. 'Tis the season....

clew said...

I had the ssame problem yesterday. Bummer too, as I had the perfect pic to go with my post!!! Now though, I've moved on :) ...

Sorry to hear about the daughter's illness. When my boy's sick it breaks my heart. Hope everyone's in good health again soon! XOXO

DBFrank said...

I use blogger's picture post option over Picassa any more; it's easier, and you can load a pile of them into one post...

Rebecca said...

Funny thing - I use Picasa over Blogger, because I can't get the Blogger page to fully load when I want to upload a picture. ????

Blogger has been weird for about a week now, it seems they're adding new functionality, etc. Maybe they haven't finished working out all the bugs yet...

Jill said...

Thanks, Rebecca. At least it is a gorgeous, no clouds in the sky day. Not bad through the blinds behind my desk. :)

Susan said...

blueberry cake. YUM!