Sunday, September 18, 2005

The Baby Watch is Over...


My girlfriend Jenn and myself :)

My niece has finally arrived! Annabelle Morgan made her appearance at 4am this morning - give or take a minute or two - 6lbs 6 0z.. I saw her a few hours ago, and of course - she's beautiful, if I do say so myself!

Speaking of babies....I've still got the babysitter blues. I've got some wonderful temps at the moment, but I'm really stressing over not having someone consistent with structure at home. My daughter is at such a critical age, it's very important to me that life at home is "normal" again when I'm not there. So - that being said, I thought I found a great permanent fit. A nice older woman, definitely a "Nana". When I interviewed her, she never mentioned certain financial demands she had (e.g. filling her 8 cylindar truck once a week, paid vacation in the area of 4 weeks, paid holidays, sick days, etc...) Um, might have been nice to mention. You know what? My boss doesn't fill my tank over and above my salary. And by the way - I'm not cheap in my paying of my caregivers. So. I almost died when I spoke with her today to offer her the position. If you're a contract employee - and being paid in such a manner (read between the lines here, CASH), thanks alot for trying to milk what boils down to an extra $4.00 an hour out of me (read again - CASH). The nerve. There's more to it than that, but I don't really feel like writing a bit longer than I'm actually writing at the moment. I'll revisit this again, I'm sure.

The wedding was a blast - love to all my girlfriends! And Jenn is the one who had the baby I wrote about in my earlier post. He's doing better and getting stronger every day, and it was awesome to have her out with us having fun.

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

Thanks Max... yeah, after years of being tomboy/rocker chick (but still feminine!) - somehow I evolved into girly girl. God knows what I'll morph into next. ;)

Pirate said...

I found yuou thnrough JAG and enjoyed your blog.

DBFrank said...

My lady is having babysitter issues, too. It is SO hard to find them.
Found ya via some of your comments over at Max's place :)

Rebecca said...

Wow! Three new people in one day! Thanks for stopping by... :) I've always got something to say - might not always be valueable, but it's something anyway!

Pirate said...

I got here this time. Thanks

Rebecca said...

hahahha, it's the hair. I just can't lose the big hair thing, you know? ;) I totally get what you mean - no worries! And I am still a rocker chick - just don't have anyone to go to concerts to, so those days seem fewer and further between.

Susan said...

You two are adorable!

Jerrster said...

OH Rebecca don't you look great...I say more photos...photos all the time. Your smile makes my Monday so much easier to get through.