Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Coffee Talk....

So, I was having a conversation w/ one of my co-workers today, while I was holding my Dunkin Donuts coffee cup. And he asked me what the difference is between Starbucks and Dunkins. I said that I thought that Starbucks coffee is awful; their "fou fou" drinks are great, but their coffee is like battery acid - it'll burn a hole in your stomach. Where as Dunkins doesn't do good "fou fou" coffee, their "average cup of joe" is pretty darn good. So he said "so you think Starbucks is pretentious, while Dunkins is "keeping it real". I was like, "yes, that's exactly how I see it!". Very interesting. He said he and his wife were sort of wondering what the deal was here in NE regarding coffee (they're from Arizona.)

Now, don't get me wrong - I'm a total "high maintenance" but "keeping it real" coffee drinker though. (how's that for a contradiction!?!) I used to be: In a large cup - a medium hazelnut, extra milk and 4 Splenda"; but since they've changed from flavored coffee to flavor shots, I do: In a large cup, a medium hazelnut, extra milk, 4 Splenda - and a shot of coconut". Hmmm. Sounds pretty darn pretentious, doesn't it? But I swear, the hazelnut flavor shot tastes like Starbucks Americana - like gah-bage. So you need the coconut to give it a little extra "umph" in the flavor department.

I do, however - indulge in Starbucks occasionally for my "fou fou" White Chocolate Mocha, or Iced Peppermint Mocha. However, when it comes to just the "average joe", I'm all about the Dunkins.

Just a little coffee talk for a sleepy rainy Tuesday!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Get out of here?!? That's so funny! I swear you're the only other person in the WORLD that I know of who does the hazelnut/coconut thing! Even the people at DD raise their eyebrows at me when I order. :) Very cool!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca!
I was just browsing you blog today! Very impressive...you should become a writer! And, clearly, Karla stinks at blogging!!!!

Happy Hump Day!
Danielle

Anonymous said...

Well, that could be true.