Monday, August 15, 2005

You CAN'T have it your way....

"Two all beef patties, special sauce lettuce cheese, pickles-onions-on-a-sesame-seed-bun...." Sure, sounds good now, doesn't it? Well let me clue you in on a little something: It's not going to feel good later!

Yesterday, Gene and I were sort of hanging out w. the kids, relaxing...and he says "you know what I'm in the mood for? Burger King!" and I'm like "you know what? I haven't eaten that in years... that sort of sounds good...". And off he goes, la la la. So he comes back with Whoppers and fries for us both. Cheeseburgers for the kiddies. So we're laughing, and joking at the table - sitting like a family out of a 1950's sitcom.

Now - flash forward about an hour later.
The kids: happy as clams, laughing, joking, playing.
G & I: grumpy, miserable, and bloated from all the sodium and god knows what else they contaminate their food with. I was so miserable - so "blah" I couldn't even go visiting. Hello! Me - not visit when I have the opportunity?


Moral of the story: Grownups who don't eat this food for years at a time, should not eat this food EVER. We've purified our systems to the point of where our bodies literally reject that gah-bage. Kids, on the other hand - they're just learning to eat, and don't mind it yet. Not bad for them as an occasional treat, especially for a little reward.

No, my friends - Burger King is wrong. You can't have it your way. Otherwise you could eat that food and feel WONDERFUL afterwards!

2 comments:

Tish Grier said...

Well, technically you *can* have it your way...but, in adulthood, you just don't want it anymore. I can, oddly, still tolerate Wendys. To a degree.

Anonymous said...

Merri Xmas and Happy New Year!