Saturday, August 27, 2005

Calgon, take me away....

You ever have one of those days where you're just "blah". Despite the beautiful day it is outside, it's definitely cloudy and overcast for me today.

First off - my husband fell asleep last night at 8:15 after a day of fishing; so I preceded to drink 3/4 of a bottle of some very good Pinot Blanc... needless to say, I was pretty tired when I woke up! I had planned to give both kids baths (which I did) and get out the door bright and early this a.m., but the day took a more chaotic turn, which sort of stressed me out/pissed me off. Once the dust settled somewhat, I was left with a splitting headache. You know the kind - when your head is pounding as fast as your heart is because you're really irritated? Oh yeah, classic stress headache.

What's a good "pick me up"? I thought maybe some 'carte blanche' shopping at Homegoods! Well girls, let me tell you - not even that solved the headache. (Although I did find a really nice print for the wall behind my sofa - on clearance no less! That did make me feel good for about 30 seconds!)

I need to find a way to not let other people's negativity impact my day. What a waste of a gorgeous Saturday. So now I'm waiting to give the kids dinner, and put my daughter to bed (6pm, not that far away!) so that I can take a nice bath and soak the negative energy away....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whatever...