Thursday, August 25, 2005

I've got the Babysitter BLUES

Wow. What a week.........

So, my sitter who I ADORE - total Nana - called me in a panic on Tuesday, she suddenly fell ill. I mean, really ill. When I came home, (because of course I left work immediately) she looked awful. Poor thing. I wanted to drive her home, but she wouldnt' let me - she thought she'd be okay. Long story short: She's in the hospital w/ pneumonia. Poor thing. So now, I've been scrambling to find someone to fill in. Now - I go through an agency, so they provide "backup" as needed - and I'm a total nervous nellie, like I won't leave my kids with just anyone. I don't want a babysitter - I want a caretaker. BIG DIFFERENCE.

So, initally, I knew I was going to need someone this week to fill in for her on Thurs & Fri because she had doctors appointments set up, unrelated of course to the pneumonia. I figured, short term, no big deal. Now I'm needing someone upwards of possibly a month, as my sitter is 62, and you don't want to rush recovery with pneumonia, you know?

So, my selections narrowed down because the fillins for this week were mostly people who's "families" were on vacation. I have this very nice girl, from the same area as me growing up - and we know some of the same people. She's very friendly, warm and outgoing. ONLY DOWNSIDE: She brings her son w. her. He's a very nice little boy too - I just think that having a 4 & 5 year old together and watching a 1 yr. old is a lot. But I'm sure it will be fine. She's very nice.....

I'm neurotic aren't I?

No comments: