Thursday, August 04, 2005

Long time listener...first time caller!

Here I am braving into the world of blogging. Actually, I stumbled here accidentally. In my constant efforts to market my wine shop, I was searching for places to advertise - and I found a wine blog. Now - seeing that I'm also in the web industry, I'm feeling a bit like a dumbass for being so naive about it all. However.... So, I started searching blogs and reading all these random and obscure ramblings, and thought - "hey, I can totally do this!" I started off slowly, by creating a blog for my store (http://beaconhillwine.blogspot.com - for those of you interested!) and it's been fairly successful. And here I am, complete with my own personal spot in the world where I can rant, rave, dish, and brag about my children for those who care to listen and chime in. Since I'm so shy (NOT), I think this is a great way to sort of vent my inner thoughts and maybe inspire some of you to laugh.

A little more info: I have a husband who I think is a "hottie" - and two beautiful children who are the absolute lights of my life.

So come in - the water's warm! Hope you enjoy my ramblings and feel free to chime in. Please - no haters, only friendly postings. If you don't like it here - you're welcome to leave.

On that note, my rant for today is about "Million Dollar Baby". So I finally saw it. Being someone who enjoys to box, I thought there were some great tips on learning things, like hitting the speed bag. The movie itself I thought was just okay. Would not have been an Academy Award winner, if not for the last half hour. And, I also reiterated a fact that I already knew: I do not like Clint Eastwood as an actor. I just can't bond with him. Morgan Freeman was amazing - him, I would follow into a fire. He's just got that endearing, charming quality about him. Remember him from the Electric Company days? :)

2 comments:

Buggie said...

Rebecca,

would you be willing to be a guest writer on by baseball blog?

Let me know,
Tommy

RTBjr73@gmail.com

http://tommybuettnerbloggingbaseball.blogspot.com/

Rebecca said...

Hey Tommy!
Absolutely!! Thank you very much. :)

I will email you....