Friday, August 26, 2005

Star of the Day...Who Could it Be?

Well, well, well. What an exciting morning it's been for me. :)

We had a Commander's Call this morning and this is where the Colonel briefs us on whats going on with the organization - also hails/farewells, awards and decorations, etc.


So, he's doing the awards, when all of a sudden - my name is mentioned! And I'm asked to come to stand in front of everyone. ME? I mean, I know I'm well respected and thought of as a "go to" person, but the people that I work with are AMAZING. They're doing real important work: like installing security at base perimeters in Iraq, or developing lethal and non lethal weapons to defeat terrorism. I'm just a Web Applications Program Manager & Strategic Marketing Manager.

It's pretty cool; I never expect to win because what I do is so small in comparison to what most people do around here; and I'm not even FT!! But they also sort of recognized that I do the work of two people in less than FT, which made me feel pretty darn good.

I got $200 in American Express Gift Cheques, and I'm getting a monetary bonus in my check as well.


I'm thinking it's time for a well deserved Spa Day! Anyone know any place good to recommend?
:)

No comments: