1. Why is it that I don’t have a job on NESN or WEEI? This was all I could think about as I was watching last night’s game. I’m sorry, but am I the only person who doesn’t love Heidi Watney? Where’s Tina Cervasio when we need her. We lost Hazel and Tina all at once?! And who are these other Sports Desk folks who just don’t convince me that they’re loving the games they’re reporting on. It’s all so stiff and awkward. Who is this girl Jamie that is filling in for Meter on the Sports Flash? I know she’s new…but hey, I can do at least as good as she’s doing right now. And I’m not one dimensional – I know about all sports. The original game plan in life was to be a sportscaster, hockey play by play no less… C’mon, if you’re going to give a girl shot – give THIS girl one! Just because I’m not in the field now doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t be great at it….
2. Why would you put up a sign about construction being done on the days after the work is completed? Fortunately today the traffic getting onto the base wasn’t horrible – but for the last two days, it was. Literally added an extra 45 minutes to the commute just getting from the exit to the gates. So today, traffic was very light and there was no holdup getting to the gate. Funny enough this morning, as I was heading towards the gate there was a sign that said “Warning: Traffic delays due to paving, July 21 & July 22d”. Oddly enough that wasn’t there yesterday and guess what? Today is July 23rd. Funny how that works, isn’t it?
3. Why do celebrities whine and complain when they receive exactly everything they’ve been looking for? Latest to complain about her appearance and attention is the gorgeous Megan Fox. She “hates being called hot” and doesn’t leave her house unless it’s to go to KFC because she doesn’t like being “stalked” by the paparazzi. Hmm. Okay Ms. Fox. Bet you wouldn’t be thinking that way if no one paid attention to you. Bet you’d be concerned that you weren’t pretty enough if you weren’t getting roles or being photographed in Hollywood. As a matter of fact, the mere fact that you are where you are now is because of your appearance, so seriously – get over yourself. You can’t possibly think that you’re the B list celebrity that you are as a result of your “talent”. (Well, maybe her “talents”, all 34 C+ of them). Here’s the thing: there’s nothing wrong with being an attractive girl, and knowing that doors in life have opened to you as a result. (otherwise, you wouldn’t be flaunting your “talents” everywhere if you didn’t think that they helped you any, or were really that modest.) And you know what, you’re right – all that whining about the undue attention and inconvenience of being who and where you are today – truly does make you not that hot. Take a lesson from those who are A-listers, and don’t’ say a thing…. Just this girl’s opinion.
4. Speaking of celebrities… I’ve gotta say I love, love, love the name Angelina Jolie picked out for her daughter. Vivienne Marcheline. Not only does it sound beautiful – but it looks beautiful. And trust me, us girls always practice writing the names of our future daughters on paper several times before deciding the final name. But I do have this one question to pose to the new Mom: What’s up with all the “x” at the end of the boys’ names? Is that a secret “Lara Croft” type code? Or is it symbolic of the female chromosome….you know, all things Mother Earth?
5. And finally…why is it when a person verbally agrees to something, and asks for it submitted in writing – do they wait days before responding? Isn’t there an etiquette rule on what is an acceptable time frame to wait before calling the person and saying “um, hello…?”
And these are the burning questions in my mind for today.