Thursday, July 24, 2008

Poor little chickie....

So my Princess Petunia is going to need to see the doctor tonight. Unfortunately since my pediatrician is on vacation -- and his "backup" is on vacation as well - it looks like it will be a trip to Children's. Which, though it isn't an emergency (hopefully!) if there's anyplace that I don't mind taking my kids to because kids are their specialty -- it's Childrens. Well worth the trip.

And considering that I've gotten little or no sleep over the past two nights due to her stomach aches, I'm definitely thinking it's a wise investment of my time to take her.

My concern is that while she's holding down food and fluids - she's still vomiting occaisionally and has a stomach ache that makes her uncomfortable even staying still. She's got a low grade fever and her stomach ache she says is at her bellybutton - which is sometimes indicative of appendicitis. Now, while I'm not suggesting that's what she has - I am pretty convinced that this is different than a traditional stomach virus. I could be wrong, and maybe this is just some crazy virus taking a course - but it just doesn't seem right to me.

So unless she has something short of a miracle recovery between now and bedtime -- I'll be faring through these torrential downpours and heading into Boston.

3 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

Oh man. Poor Princess. I hope she feels better soon!

Susan said...

Keep us posted!

Rebecca said...

Hi Girls,
Thanks for checking. Turns out she did have what they think is a mild attack of her appendicitis. Fortunately, her symptoms have subsided and (thank god!)there's no need for surgery. But I will need to keep an eye on her the next few days because if she doesn't improve then she has to go back.

Sigh. Never a dull moment in the life of a Mom. :)