Wednesday, February 28, 2007

And now, for today's mish mash of thoughts...

1. Love my new Oral B toothbrush. It’s like giving my teeth and gums a massage! And no surprise here -- I’m an aggressive tooth brusher; my toothbrush has to be hard bristled and I have to replace them frequently because I ruin them. One would think I should lighten up on my teeth – but hey, when you’re an aggressive person in other areas of your life, I guess it makes sense to be aggressive whilst brushing your teeth to get them their whitest, right? There are worse things I could do.....

2. I feel badly because fellow Blogger SulDog has inquired about people being guest bloggers and of course I jumped right up and said “choose me, choose me!” Typical Rebecca – wanting to do it all and over committing. I have yet to write my post...


3. I’ve come to the conclusion that yoga is an addiction now. I figure I can go roughly about 36 hours before I’m “jonesing” for the feeling I get after class. Obviously I’m not truly suffering from an real addiction, but it is definitely something I’m enjoying tremendously. I can’t say enough about it....


4. Saturday I’m taking the kids with my aunt, and my sister and her kids - over to my cousin’s house for Chinese food. We’re getting Su Chang’s in Peabody, which supposedly has crab rangoons “to die for”. I hope so – this is the longest I’ve gone without having Chinese food. I think it’s been what, three weeks?? Clearly I’m in withdrawl.


5. My latest muscial indulgences are: Tina Dico, Catie Curtis, and the latest Norah Jones. Sort of a Lillith Fair type mode it seems. But I've always been drawn towards folky, artsy songwriters anyway. On the "boys" side of the house it would be Ray Lamontagne, Josh Kelly and this other guy who's name is escaping me at the moment but he does an amazing version of U2's "Sort of Homecoming" that is played all the time on Siruis "Coffeehouse" channel.

6. Can you say “Play Ball!”? Manny wants to retire with the Sox.....Dice-K (ugh, still hate that name) debuts on American television Friday night....Big Papi is smiling and having a great training camp.... I’ll get to see Jason in HD on a regular basis once again..... It’s the little things in life that make a girl happy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, somebody's gotta come up with a better nickname. Dice-K. Never liked that one.

Suldog said...

MY WIFE thought (seriously) that his nickname was "Special K".

By the way, you're very forgiven for not writing the guest blog, since you give me link love so often.

Big Ben said...

Blue Jays baby! Sox will finish behind the Jays like they did last year.

ramblin' girl said...

Thanks for reminding me i have the new Norah Jones just waiting to be unwrapped in my suitcase!

Lloyd L. Corricelli said...

Hey, you stole my random thoughts format! Okay, so I stole your surveys first but hey.... :)

Susan said...

Ooh..you reminded me I need a new toothbrush. LOL.

Sarah said...

Ray Lamontagne is my favorite! We saw him in concert about a year ago at a very small venue, and it was probably one of the best concerts I've ever been to.