Monday, February 05, 2007

Finally...the Superbowl is a thing of the past

Outside of the 1st quarter – the best part of the game was the Half Time show. It was probably the best one I’ve seen yet. It just reminded me of how much I really enjoy Prince and that it’s been far too long since I’ve listened to his music. I think I need to break out my old cassettes – or better yet, pluck some off of ITunes to add to my collection. “(I said) life is just a game, were all just the same...dont ya wanna play? ...Controversy”

Is it just me – or were the commercials this year really nothing special? Even the Budweiser commercials which often can make you either laugh your butt off – or tear you up, were just okay. I don’t know if it’s just that we’re expecting too much or what – but I can’t think of one commercial that either made me laugh, or even stayed with me. Well, that’s not true. The “Snickers” commercial with the two guys who kissed and then said “hurry, do something manly” was awful. Ripping off their chest hair was all they could think of?!?! Seems to me that these advertising execs need to step their game up a bit. Because really – they all were a little flat.

I would love to have a job where I had to think of funny stuff for commercials. How fun would that be?


So here’s a question for the masses:
If you could write a Superbowl commercial for one company – what company would you choose?

2 comments:

Suldog said...

Agreed on the commercials - just very boring, for the most part. I sort of liked the one about the downtrodden white dog who gets splashed with mud and tries to pass himself off as a dalmation on the Bud wagon. Other than that? Not much.

If I could write an ad for anything? I'd do a political ad, for the Libertarian Party. I guarantee everybody would remember them come the next election cycle, if you gave ME a shot at it :-)

Vicky said...

I would do a Careerbuilder.com! hehe I've seen enough things that make me want another job. ;)