Thursday, February 01, 2007

AAAAAAAAAGh.

Why has my template changed, you might ask? ("What happened Rebecca? Your site was so pink, and cute, and well...prettier than what I'm seeing now?!")
Great question! Thanks for asking.....

Clearly, it seems that I must be using too much bandwidth from my wine shop website server which is where I’ve hosted my blog template for the past 15 months or so that I’ve ventured into this blogosphere. And so now, it seems that they are preventing my blog from having a cozy, warm home on their server. Can't necessarily say that I blame them if I'm bringing everyone else down.

So, this is a sign of two things. One being – my site must be rather heavily visited because it really has never been an issue previously – and this feels like a good thing. (“You like me. You really, really like me!” paraphrasing the ever adorable Miss Sally Field.)

The other being that now, I need to find a very pretty, fun and very “me” blog template to replace the “gah-bage” that I’ve just revamped my site with.
(UGH. It’s horrible, isn’t it?) As well as find a server to host the template and my profile picture on. My profile photo – well, I used to use Picassa and I just never really loved it.

Any suggstions, my fellow bloggers?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had something useful to say, but I'm so utterly computer-illiterate. If not for Blogger, I'd have nothing.

I must say that I agree, though - this is rather hideous. Not you at all.

Oh! My own blog today concerns guest bloggers. If you need someplace to put ONE piece of yours...

chesneygirl said...

I'm not saying that you're wrong, at all, but are you positive that is what happened to your template?

I ask because somehow blogger has deleted mine, MORE THAN ONCE, for just no reason. Just one day...POOF!...it was gone! I had done nothing. So I just reloaded/repasted the template.

But I know nothing about this stuff...so you probably know what you're talking about! :)

Rebecca said...

Hey Suldog - I can't get to your site!! I get Blogger maintenance messages.....

Hi Chesney - no, it was my server host. The provided a security pop up that required you to enter my server password to view the site. ;) Those wascally wabbits.....

Anonymous said...

Hello, again!

You made it to my site, I see. I was having trouble getting to some sites today, too, but not others on Blogger. Odd.

Suggestion for the piece over at my place - Your Favorite Day With Your Family.

It can be about your current family or growing up. It can be a specific day or just in general (Christmas, Thanksgiving, Arbor Day). Humorous or sweet; hectic or relaxed; once-in-a-lifetime or looking forward to it again.

How's that?

Michelle said...

Well, this definitely doesn't feel like your style, but we come for the words anyway - not the look.

Yes, we really, really like you. At the rist of freaking you out, I omitted the word "love". ;)

Miss you!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about what I suggested for your story, and I don't know if I gave you the best suggestion. I'm sure you could do a wonderful job with it, but perhaps that's something you'd like to save for publication on your own site.

(If you already have written such a thing, I'm happy to print something from your archives, so send it if you want.)

So, anyway, I was thinking of another thing for you to write about, if the first suggestion wasn't doing anything for you. How about a general rant/appreciation/critique of either your five favorite bands/recording artists -OR- your all-time LEAST favorites? That could be fun.

Anonymous said...

Oh gracious.....good luck with that....I don't have a clue as to how to fix problems with computers....I just call Naive or my oldest son!

Hugs

Anonymous said...

Typepad.I love it. You can move both sites there.