Monday, February 26, 2007

"Come Monday, it'll be alright..."

So it’s Monday morning, and I’m feeling a bit giddy.

The girls and I just scored tickets to Jimmy Buffett for September 8th at Gillette Stadium and I can not wait! It’s going to be so much fun. We have nosebleed seats, but who cares because it’s all about the party really! Now that’s a way to start the week....!

The weekend was nice....the kids had a birthday party to go to on Saturday, which was a gymnastics party and really a lot of fun for us “Mom’s” because it was one of the girls’ in our circle who’s son who was turning three, so it gave some of us who haven’t seen each other in a bit some time to catch up.

Sunday, we took the kids to an indoor “carnival/petting zoo” type thing with a section of my in-laws. The reason why I say a “section” is because my husband’s family is divorced; so there’s the mother in law’s side – and the father in law’s side. We went with the father in law’s side. We don’t see them all that often so it was good to have them come with us even if only for a short time. Then, they left – my husband took the kids shopping for an hour or so – while I snuck in a yoga class. Normally I go on Monday nights, but.....

Tonight some of my girlfriend’s and I are going to a wine dinner in Boston. I’m really looking forward to it. I’ve hosted a few, but haven’t been an attendee at one – and it’s at a restaurant in town that’s supposed to be pretty decent. So since I hardly ever go out – let alone on a “school night”, this is going to be a fun little indulgence that I’m looking forward to.

Dinner with some of my girlfriends – that in of itself is worth it, never mind the wine tasting aspect of it.


For a Monday, it’s not so bad today. I’m hoping this is an indicator of how the rest of the week is going to play out.

3 comments:

chesneygirl said...

What a great weekend you had!!!

The Jimmy Buffet concert sounds like a blast!!! :)

Enjoy your night out with the girls tonight, and have a glass of wine for me!!

Susan said...

Sounds like such fun. I have a date with laundry tonight.

Greens and Pinks said...

I'm with Glitter. It DOES sound fun. I have a date with sitting on the couch tonight!